KPNS Pensacola International

n2230b

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
fast eddie
Fly to KPNS in the Florida Western Pan Handle. (Central Time Zone). Get a hotel. Rent a car. Drive to NAS Pensacola, “The Cradle of Naval Aviation”. Home of Naval Aviation Schools Command, home of the Blue Angels. Visit Museum of Naval Aviation. Hop to New Orleans for lunch, (French Quarter is 10 min by Uber from New Orleans Lakefront). Or drive via I-10. Cruise Perdido Key and visit the Florabama Bar. Pensacola Beach and surroundings picturesque and laid back. Close to Panama Beach of Spring Brake fame/notoriety. The Red Neck Riviera. Incredible white sand beaches. Fantastic Shrimp Salad. Pensacola Bay big hub to early Spanish Conquistadores in the 15th Century. Apalachicola Bay Oysters nearby. Seafood fan heaven. Navarre Beach and Fort Walton Beach where John Denver grew up. Downtown Pensacola. Interesting area. Spent a lot of time there in the USN training. Special place in my life/heart.

I need to go back and take my wife as she's never been. I was there 87-88 through AOCS, VT-10/86 and EW school at Corry.

I spent 1.5 days in Pensacola a few years ago and really enjoyed visiting Fort Pickens and the NAS museum. Lighthouse was pretty cool, too. Had some really good seafood while I was there. Would like to go back.

I was Class 18-85 back in the day. I’ve been back off & on over the years, flew into Furgeson Field about 7 years ago.

If on Facebook they have that AOCS reunion group. I’ve not went to their get togethers, maybe some year.

Lots of cool stuff to explore in the area.

I need to go back and take my wife as she's never been. I was there 87-88 through AOCS, VT-10/86 and EW school at Corry.

My wife has not been either. Showing her the area is definitely on the short list. Flt surg. class 88-03/HT-18.

B9CB4314-6794-459D-8460-775BF72F0485.jpeg Trader Jon’s. Those were the days.

Last edited:
I was Class 18-85 back in the day. I’ve been back off & on over the years, flew into Furgeson Field about 7 years ago.

If on Facebook they have that AOCS reunion group. I’ve not went to their get togethers, maybe some year..

09-87 here - I didn't go to the reunion but some of my class did and said it was fun.

I lived in Pensacola from '98 to '03. Never went to the naval museum the whole time I was there. I did manage to finish up my private certificate at Ferguson 82J though at the end of '01 after having started flying in '79.

Back