For Sale Wanted ELT

Cruzinchris

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Cruzinchris
Need an ELT for my plane. I don't fly very far, so an old 121.5 unit with a decent battery would be fine.

It's illegal to install a 121.5 ELT. If you have an existing one you can "repair" it by putting in an identical unit, which will have to be a used one at this point. The feds have banned sales of new units (even at this point, NOS ones).

I know that. Still, I need an ELT and I don't have a spare $600+ for a new one. It is ashame to see 121.5 units going in the garbage can when one would serve my purpose nicely. You have a good point that I should get an identical one to the one I have that has a bad G switch (Its only problem).

I know that. Still, I need an ELT and I don't have a spare $600+ for a new one. It is ashame to see 121.5 units going in the garbage can when one would serve my purpose nicely. You have a good point that I should get an identical one to the one I have that has a bad G switch (Its only problem).
As Ron said, not should, MUST. Putting any other tso c91 unit in will make your aircraft unairworthy. See far 91.207

I think I have an Ameriking unit in my hangar collecting dust. I will check tomorrow and let you know.

I think I have an Ameriking unit in my hangar collecting dust. I will check tomorrow and let you know.
On a shelf in the hangar is a good place for that POS.

Back