King Schools

asmith2023

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Peaches
Did anyone use king schools? I have been using it for a while now. But apparently you are supposed to print off the sectional charts and other figures that they use in the lessons. Is that what you are supposed to do?

Don’t they have the diagrams so you just click on a link to open?

Don’t they have the diagrams so you just click on a link to open?
That’s all I do. The book (PDF) is copy of the actual test book with the King logo on front. I think Sporty’s and Gleim do the same. Or you can go to the FAA website and download it, too. No reason to print it unless it’s inconvenient - small computer monitor that makes it very difficult to read the figures.

My computer screen is pretty small, but you have a bigger monitor and you can measure and do the graphing easily?

I didn't need anything extra when I used them for my PP written (2001) or IR written (2011). I don't know about what they require these days.

I did it all from my standard iPad. Occasionally I have to scroll around a bit but was pretty easy to navigate.
Used for IFR and currently working on commercial with it.

I went to a university for their aviation program and admit that I should have been a doctor then done aviation as a hobby. King Schools products are a lot cheaper than a narrow aviation technology degree.

My computer screen is pretty small, but you have a bigger monitor and you can measure and do the graphing easily?
Not sure what you mean by measure and graphing? I don't remember needing to measure anything. If so, you could just print the few pages that are needed.

Did anyone use king schools? I have been using it for a while now. But apparently you are supposed to print off the sectional charts and other figures that they use in the lessons. Is that what you are supposed to do?
On a small screen, if you really need everything printed, you can find the 2018 version on ASA's website:

https://www.asa2fly.com/Airman-Know...eational-Remote-and-Private-Pilot--P3888.aspx

Or the 2019 version on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Knowledge-Te...VXYG28GPV5Y&psc=1&refRID=T7XGE5ZAVVXYG28GPV5Y

@asmith2023 - Buy a copy of the test supplement to practice with. Less than $10 and you can get familiar with what's in it. Many answers in the legend. Faster to get where you need to in test time. And you can get used to figuring out the differences between a real paper chart and the shrink to fit in the supplement you'll be given at the testing center.

Would the test supplement have the same sectional charts that king schools has?

King, Sportys, Gleim, all take the FAA supplement and put their own cover on it. Download the FAA supplement and compare them

Everyone uses the same Knowledge Test Supplement. At least for now. The FAA has made noises about substantial changes to the testing process, possibly starting in 2021. They have become concerned about the tendency of people passing knowledge tests by memorizing questions/answers.

Back