Why the Foxtrot do I live here

Reminds me of our place in COS. There’s days I miss the snow.

UGH, guess someone has to live up there. Heck I live in Mississippi and it still gets too cold for me ( sunny and 55 today..hehe). I lived 4 years up in Fairbank, AK and I had my lifetime fill of winter.

If it gets too cold you can always put on a coat. If it gets too hot there's only so much you can do. I'll never move south. It already gets too hot where I live. And only fools use shovels on snow like that. The smart money is on snowblowers.

If it gets too cold you can always put on a coat. If it gets too hot there's only so much you can do. I'll never move south. It already gets too hot where I live. And only fools use shovels on snow like that. The smart money is on snowblowers.

Um ... snowblower on a deck that has 10 stairs that leads to the backyard where there is another 5 feet of snow? No thanks

Um ... snowblower on a deck that has 10 stairs that leads to the backyard where there is another 5 feet of snow? No thanks
You blow the sidewalk and a path to the stairs, do the stairs with the shovel. The things you have to tell people.

I have a shovel for light snow...

A snowblower for deep snow...

And a picture window to see the back yard that won't get used until it warms up and the snow melts. We miss our dog terribly, rest his furry little soul, but I do not miss opening the back door in the winter one bit.

You blow the sidewalk and a path to the stairs, do the stairs with the shovel. The things you have to tell people.

O how people comment without knowing much about the environment. Why am I surprised, this is POA after all

Umm, he said it is in the backyard. Abandon anything in the back yard til that crap melts is what you really do. I'd bet he does have a path for egress in the front. Amiright, @WannFly ?

I love a good snowstorm but when the snow lingers for 3 months. That part sucks. Can only plow and shovel so far.

If that's not your deck and the weight of the snow won't hurt anything, I'd leave it all alone till warmer weather comes along.

Spent 2 hours myself, yesterday, shoveling the 14" of snow we got. More this weekend they say..

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

View attachment 81479

That’s my porch, that drift is over 6 feet, there is shovel somewhere under that... May it’s soul Rest In Peace till spring

That would be cool for like five hours until hangover recovery. Then it would suck until March.

Edit: in a place like that, probably more like May.

Our weather has been warm the whole month of December. 40F and rain seems like 4 weeks straight. If it had gotten cold I bet we would have 12 feet of snow by now.

Global Warming and all....

We got about 4-6 in over the weekend at the house, no biggie. Went out the airport...Taxiways and runways cleared. But the (*&&^%*&) didn't bother to plow the ramps in between the hangars. No, I'm not going to shovel what I'm paying them to do. Cleared out three tracks wide enough for the wheels. Even my little electric tug couldn't get the cherokee over the ice. Front desk sent someone out to help. 'Cuse me? You just drove over here with no shovel, no tug, no nothing and expect to pull the airplane off the ice by hand? Be my guest - I want to take videos of you falling on your rear end when you can't move it either.

To make matters worse, I couldn't get it pushed back into the hangar either. Had to wait around an hour or so before it was warm (28F) enough so I could chop ice off the asphalt to move it. Did not go flying.

There is a definite lack of common sense around here.

View attachment 81479

That’s my porch, that drift is over 6 feet, there is shovel somewhere under that... May it’s soul Rest In Peace till spring
Beautiful Day on Northern border of Montana . Out flying today . Landed on a dirt road for practice.
Winter in The North West Chinook Zone . ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20191230_114151373.jpg
    IMG_20191230_114151373.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 83
  • received_541154033138353.jpeg
    received_541154033138353.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 76

You use a snowblower on a 2nd story deck? Pretty sure you don't.

You just need a bigger "shovel" :)
View attachment 81483
45 min for our place + 2 neighbors + 500ft of city path. But you guys got way more than us. I'm getting a cab next!
Not big enough. My rig (Not actual pic, but one just like it) I actually look forward to snow just to use it:

l1.jpg

Last edited:
I gave away my snowblower, too much work. Now I use three tons of diesel tractor.

Why the Foxtrot do I live here

tumblr_m0jjzsF8QZ1qcuxfvo1_500.gif

To get rid of friends and family.?? ;)

Am tempted to buy one of those Power Shovels that they have now....

It's raining here in the Pacific Northwe(s)t. Yeah, it's wet and uncomfortable, but you don't have to shovel rain! I certainly understand why some previous neighbors went to Arizona for the winters.

Not big enough. My rig (Not actual pic, but one just like it) I actually look forward to snow just to use it:

View attachment 81493

Your orange toy is the size of my light blue toy but you probably have an automatic and a PTO that keeps turning, whereas mine is a stick and disconnects PTO power when the clutch is in, making it a pain in the ass in deep stuff. Reverse, clog, forward, wait, reverse, clog, forward...

I need to get a modern tractor. LOL.

Back