ADS-B online tracker

benyflyguy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
benyflyguy
I used to use as ADS-B exchange to track my flights post flight as well as one of my fiends who doesn’t file typically. I like the site was easy to use but now is not working.
Does anyone else out there use a different site that is user friendly?

I used to use as ADS-B exchange to track my flights post flight as well as one of my fiends who doesn’t file typically. I like the site was easy to use but now is not working.
Does anyone else out there use a different site that is user friendly?

I know this guy on PoA that would probably lose his marbles over this thread. Can't WAIT!!! (Pouring a beer, popping some buttery corn, getting a slug of whisky, setting up on the couch, ready for the show!!!)

3... 2... 1... SHOW TIME!!!!

I know this guy on PoA that would probably lose his marbles over this thread. Can't WAIT!!! (Pouring a beer, popping some buttery corn, getting a slug of whisky, setting up on the couch, ready for the show!!!)

3... 2... 1... SHOW TIME!!!!

:rofl:

I know Flightaware started tracking me automatically now with ADS-B.

yup....all my friends now know where I am....wait, I don't have any friends. lol ;)

I know Flightaware started tracking me automatically now with ADS-B.
FlightAware only tracks once on ground if VFR. The IFR flights are only real-time
I know it’s a touchy subject. Lol.

FlightAware only tracks once on ground if VFR. The IFR flights are only real-time
I know it’s a touchy subject. Lol.

Did you set up an account and select “position only” flights? If you have 1090 ADS-B out Flightradar24 will work without setting up a profile.

I use the FlightRadar24 app most of the time for flight tracking.

I've watched VFR only flights in real time on flightaware. Obviously no destination but it does show the track behind it and real time altitude and speed.

When I fly VFR, FlightAware is more likely to show my flight in real time if I previously filed an IFR plan (but never activated it).

So, I often purposefully file an IFR plan with no intention of using it, just so my wife can watch my flight on FlightAware. It doesn’t always work, but it seems to help.

Here is how this works...Flight tracking websites allow and very often supply individuals ADS-B receivers that are connected to their servers. Initially, only 1090ES transponders were being tracked. Now, they are beginning to track 978UAT transponders as well, but so far, not as many are in use. At my home airport, HBI, there is a 1090ES receiver at the FBO. It will track your position even while rolling out after a landing. None of this has anything to do with the ADS-B towers...it is all a network of receivers installed by private individuals linked together. Whenever I fly using 978UAT, my flight is tracked in broken segments that represent areas where the 978UAT receivers have coverage...not nearly as widespread as 1090ES.

I've been wondering about FlightAware and the GDL82/ Skybeacon flights. It seems 1090ES stuff is being tracked everywhere. But not sure if all the piaware stations have both receivers or will need to have the 978 receiver added.

Back