JetBlue?

FormerHangie

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
FormerHangie
Has anyone flown JetBlue? I have no experience with them, but we're planning a family vacation to to a spot that isn't quite as easy to get to as most, and one of the better ways appears to be to take JetBlue from ATL to BOS, and then on to our destination.

I’ve flown on them extensively over the years and really like them. Like every other airline they’ve been putting crummy slimline seats in the newer planes, but I still feel they have one of the most pleasant coach experiences in the industry.

I’ve only flown on them once. It wasn’t any better or worse than other airlines. The WiFi is very quick and it’s free.

I’ve flown on Jet Blue a number of times and like them. A couple things I really liked was that on one flight, the flight attendants announced where the snacks were, and that we should help ourselves.

Another thing was before pushback, the captain (Josh) stepped into the cabin, introduced himself and the crew, and told us about the flight - times, altitudes, speed, weather. You could tell that he loves what he does and is a people person.

Used them on the return leg from Bahamas to Fort Lauderdale a few years back. Pretty short flight, so not too much to make an impression on. No complaints.

I've ridden them a few times. Not bad at all. More room than DL, but that doesn't take much. I wouldn't hesitate to ride them again in the future.

While the airline is important, the airport and weather you are traveling through are even more important factors. New York/Newark approach control involvement should be avoided if possible.

I don't fly commercial much, but JetBlue is the only one that flies (or did fly) out of SWF, which is usually a lot more convenient for me than the other NYC area airports. No complaints at all.

Here's something that I don't think you can do on another airline. Flying cross country (e.g. Boston to San Diego) as a couple, if you want to splurge with Jet Blue Mint, you can sit next to each other for the East-West day flight, then pick the sleeper solo seats for the red-eye back home from West to East. With a little advance shopping and planning you could often buy these seats at close to coach prices.

jbu mint.jpg

Good service, they just don't go everywhere. When Delta left me in the lurch during their April meltdown a few years ago, Jet Blue had reasonably affordable seats to get me home from where I was stranded. No one else did.

Just finished a trip to Fort Lauderdale from Richmond on JetBlue. Scarebus going and E190 coming back. Both were nice enough, but went with them because it was a direct flight both ways. I'd fly with them again if the opportunity comes up.

I don't fly commercial much, but JetBlue is the only one that flies (or did fly) out of SWF, which is usually a lot more convenient for me than the other NYC area airports. No complaints at all.

Not sure when the last time you flew out of there, but that has changed a lot since the last time you were through there. I went into SWF via American Eagle (Piedmont) last year and Delta, Allegiant, and JetBlue all had flights. I would have flown myself up there, but that is one of the most unfriendly (to the wallet anyway) airports around. Signature and Atlantic both charge $7.00 a gallon for 100LL on top of the landing and security fees. I'm pretty sure that the New York Port Authority has there hands deep in those pockets since it's one of their "reliever" airports....:mad:

Cheers,
Brian

Sounds like down to one of the islands? Should work out, have a good time. Recently back from Aruba.

Not sure when the last time you flew out of there, but that has changed a lot since the last time you were through there. I went into SWF via American Eagle (Piedmont) last year and Delta, Allegiant, and JetBlue all had flights. I would have flown myself up there, but that is one of the most unfriendly (to the wallet anyway) airports around. Signature and Atlantic both charge $7.00 a gallon for 100LL on top of the landing and security fees. I'm pretty sure that the New York Port Authority has there hands deep in those pockets since it's one of their "reliever" airports....

Good to hear, except about the costs and fees. SWF is (or was) a real easy airport for an airline passenger who lives in the area.

it's about three months until our trip, and I get an email from JetBlue telling me to call their customer service number. After a 15 minute wait, someone comes on and informs me that the last leg of our trip, which will be from BOS -ATL has been canceled and that we need to rebook. OK, I ask, what do you have? The international flight we're starting with leave KEF at 5 PM and arrives in BOS at 6:50, and there are no JetBlue flights that will get us anywhere close to ATL that evening. The rep offers me a sleep deprivation special, leave KEF three hours later, arrive in JFK around 10 PM, wait for a 7 AM flight in the airport. Gee, thanks but no thanks. Other that that, all they can offer me is to cancel everything and get a refund. No, that's not going to work, I have paid for hotels in Iceland and we have scheduled days off work. What I finally wind up doing is accepting a 9:30 AM flight out of BOS the following morning, and we're just going to get hotel rooms and spend the night in Boston. Of course, our dear friends at JetBlue have no intention of helping with the added cost so I'm out $500.

I've never flown JetBlue before and I don't intend to ever again. As far as I'm concerned, they're JetBlown it.

Hangies Boston to Iceland and return flights are another airline.

Back