Pilot Workshops IFR Mastery videos?

$19 a month. I haven’t seen them, but for that price I can find other sources, probably just as good for free.

Keep an eye out for one of their periodic promos where they show one of the scenarios and "expert" responses. I put "expert" in quotes because once in a great while they scrape the bottom of the barrel and have me join them. I was a subscriber before I was asked to be part of the team.

With that as a disclaimer, it is worthwhile joining at least long enough to see if it's worth it for you. They really try to set up realistic scenarios to test knowledge and judgment and you'll sometimes see real disagreement in their round table discussions. They are very well done.

I really enjoy the program. It keeps me in the loop and thinking about many different IFR issues. It’s just to easy to get complacent after you get your ticket so I enjoy the monthly scenarios. I still haven’t completed all the backlog of previous scenarios. It’s worth the money to me. But I just got my ticket in June and I’m still working to be better at this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We often use these to generate debate at our Club's periodic IFR get togethers. I'm a subscriber and I think they are quite well done. I'm not a professional pilot, so don't fly the hours to gain experience quickly. I'm always looking for alternate ways to learn more and test knowledge and judgement.

$19 a month. I haven’t seen them, but for that price I can find other sources, probably just as good for free.

Haven't seen them, but you know that. :rolleyes:
I've seen people spend more than that at one stop at Starbucks.

I'm still working on my PPL, but I subscribe to their VFR Mastery series and really find it useful in understanding how expert pilots make decisions. I find the round table discussion to be the most helpful piece.

Also I'm pretty sure they have a 30 day trial so you can check it out and see if you like it.

As I am working toward instrument rating I do find value in the mastery series and as previously said, the discussion post scenario. I also bought their Real World IFR and Advanced IFR series which is helpful to watch someone else go through the flight planning, execution and debrief of the flight. It's the one thing that is really missing from IFR training, is being able to watch others do it, then go apply it. Others may learn differently and may not find the value. It's cheap addition to flight training IMO.

I subscribe to the IFR Mastery videos. I learn something new with every video. Seeing my quiz answers relative to others can be "enlightening"!!! The "round table" discussion always is interesting as the folks who are a LOT more current and proficient than I offer differing opinions which is good food for thought.

Also finding on many occasions none of their options are what I would have chosen.
That's expected. Most involve a scenario where different pilots might make different good or bad decisions. Only rarely is there a one true correct answer.

Back