Well... I did the unthinkable

Very nice example of that year Piper. Nice deal you have there. From the air view of the airport, I see that deer would be an issue there. I do a fst low pass before night landings at such airports, and have scared a number of deer.

You will love checking the under hood items, hate the fuel sumps, 3 if my memory serves.

That was the platform for my Instrument training, and I enjoyed flying it.

Flaps are anemic, but do some good, as long as you do not compare them to Cessna. Float at flare is quite different, but easily adapted to, not radically different.

The only thing though, is the gear won't retract properly with those wheel pants in place.

Float at flare is quite different, but easily adapted to, not radically different.
Yeah I noticed that right away. Definitely can’t flare it the same as the Cessna’s. Have to take it a bit lower and flare a bit shallower and just let it settle.

Every time I try to land a 172 after two years of flying the Arrow, I always end up overshooting. Try to get some time in a straight wing Piper if you have a chance. They drop like a rock. Especially hershey bar Arrows, with the gear and flaps down.

I flew a low wing for the first time... and I think I’ll be doing more of it!

They fly nice but low wing's suck here in Texas in the Summer. I love my Bonanza when its cool out but hate flying that plane in the summer.
Its amazing how much the high wing helps in the summer!

Back