On the runway, ready for takeoff and then...

LongRoadBob

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Jacker
Never mind how it came to this, I’m curious, if plane A did due diligence, and looked very closely at the sky, seeing no traffic, also announced it was “entering and backtracking runway three zero for departure” then did that and spent one or two mins. In pre takeoff checklist, and just as they announced “takeoff runway three zero” heard another radio call “xyz, abc is on short final” what does one do?
What do the regs say, and what is right to do?
However it came about, whoever was “wrong” you are ready to take off, and you hear there is someone coming in for landing.

what happens next? What should happen next?

As I read it, both pilots were negligent. Plane A should have already completed his pre take off checklist prior to entering the runway. Plane {B} should have announced inbound prior to "short final."
Yeah, I have never done a runup on a runway, and never will, unless there are armed bandidos running after me, in which case I'll do a running runup on the runway.

If the other aircraft is truly *short* final there’s not much you can do.

But in the scenario presented I’d announce “aircraft on short final XXX is holding position on runway YY”.

The reason to address them directly like that is to see if they (naturally) acknowledge a direct message like that. A more generic announcement might not get them out of their 500 mile cross country stupor or whatever.

Since you don’t know from the start in the scenario presented if they’re hearing you...

What I would HOPE to hear back from a non-idiot — is they are going around and not planning to land over the top of you.

But you never know.

Or on top of you if they lose an engine or never heard or saw you...

If they’re not really SHORT final you get to choose if you’re quickly vacating the runway or taking off or whatever you think best, but they have the right of way.

Not really a good time to worry much about regs if you can just extricate yourself from it.

But unless it’s a very small runway and you’re really quick, not many options if they’re truly short final.

The scenario also kinda assumes you didn’t see them coming when taxiing directly toward them and got really unlucky on the turn around and departure since you should be ready to go without dawdling anytime you have to back taxi.

Also probably assumes no turn out at that end of the runway to have pulled off and done a lap through just to look at the final approach one last time before committing to flagrant acts of aviation. :)

Curious question. I’d think plane A should have completed their run up and pre take off check list before entering the runway. 1-2 minutes can be a long time and, as we just read, it’s long enough for another pilot to enter the pattern maybe not listening to Unicom, or assuming plane A already departed.

Regardless, a radio call announcing Bugsmasher 1234 is holding on the runway would be appropriate. Just keep communicating.

Yeah, I have never done a runup on a runway, and never will, unless there are armed bandidos running after me, in which case I'll do a running runup on the runway.

It sure how it is with others, but we have separate “run up” and also “pre takeoff” on our clubs checklist.
Pre-takeoff includes such things as last check of free yoke, mixture full rich, autopilot off, trim set to takeoff, transponder set to ALT, flaps up, passenger brief, emergency procedures (if on runway throttle to idle, brakes, if after takeoff nose down for 70 kias, la d straight ahead, etc. note time, check runway agrees with compass, etc.

This takes a minute or two.

It sure how it is with others, but we have separate “run up” and also “pre takeoff” on our clubs checklist.
Pre-takeoff includes such things as last check of free yoke, mixture full rich, autopilot off, trim set to takeoff, transponder set to ALT, flaps up, passenger brief, emergency procedures (if on runway throttle to idle, brakes, if after takeoff nose down for 70 kias, la d straight ahead, etc. note time, check runway agrees with compass, etc.

But the only thing that must be done on the runway is to check it with the compass.

As I read it, both pilots were negligent. Plane A should have already completed his pre take off checklist prior to entering the runway. Plane {B} should have announced inbound prior to "short final."

Well, again, not so interested in who was wrong, just what should happen NOW that the situation has happened.

Is there no taxiway at this airport? Also.. who runs up on a runway?

What to do: the short final traffic has to go around
Who's at fault: the dude spending several minutes moseying down a runway and then doing all their runup and pretakeoff checlists on the runway
What should have happened: treat the runway as just that.. a runway. Do all your runup and checklists and all that stuff prior to entering the runway

The guy on short final probably heard the initial back taxi call while he was still on downwind / base and figured spacing would not be an issue.. most people don't spend more time than they have to on a runway, and especially not doing run ups, etc.

This is where the pedantry of flying doesn't always make sense.. what precludes someone from doing all of this as part of their one predeparture checklist..? The before taxi and before take off checkist should be all you need. How many people reapply the control wheel lock and turn the autopilot on sometime between run up and pre-takeoff?

with the exception of lining up the compass the rest of that should be done before entering the runway.

You'd certainly get the ire of the controllers if you spend a lot of time on the end of the runway after being cleared to takeoff.

But either way, controlled or non-controlled, there's no 'privileged vessel' unlike in the nautical environment. Both must take positive action: the short final guy needs to go around or do a 360 or whatever and the guy on the runway needs to try to get off. Of course, they can coordinate a better course of action if they can.

We got left a long time in position at an intersection on a runway at IAD once. Tower just forgot as near as I can tell. They were sending the plane that was too close on final around (though we volunteered to clear).

Un controlled field you can do what you want. The guy could land over you or go around. Some airports have little turnoffs at the end. If you were literally in the middle of the runway I would have called you a few choice words and gone around. If you were off to the side I would have continued to land.

Never mind how it came to this, I’m curious, if plane A did due diligence, and looked very closely at the sky, seeing no traffic, also announced it was “entering and backtracking runway three zero for departure” then did that and spent one or two mins. In pre takeoff checklist, and just as they announced “takeoff runway three zero” heard another radio call “xyz, abc is on short final” what does one do?
However it came about, whoever was “wrong” you are ready to take off, and you hear there is someone coming in for landing.

Guy was a asshat for not doing that before getting onto a runway, rookie should finish is 50 page checklist and the other plane gets to do a go around and wait

If you have a runway that has to be back taxiied and no turn out at the end, the back taxi should be considered the takeoff roll and almost all of that pre-takeoff should be completed before entering the runway so there’s no dawdling on the runway threshold.

Pare down to two or three items that have to be done at the end if any exist on the checklist. An example would be your final runway painted numbers check that you’re on the one you think you’re on.

Free yoke, AP, trim, pax brief, takeoff briefing, can all be done before entry. No idea why the flaps would be down, but can be done before entry also.

Transponders are supposed to be in ALT at all times when moving including ground movement, unless ATC requests otherwise, per the AIM. That one belongs on the pre-taxi checklist for a long time now.

This is where the pedantry of flying doesn't always make sense.. what precludes someone from doing all of this as part of their one predeparture checklist..? The before taxi and before take off checkist should be all you need. How many people reapply the control wheel lock and turn the autopilot on sometime between run up and pre-takeoff?

someone here once mentioned a clipboard or something slipping and hindering the control yoke, after having checked it at preflight. To me this means it is well worth one last check just before takeoff. Autopilot, I agree, but it is on the clubs checklist and so, has to be checked, I think some of the chemists have not been well thought out, but am bound to it until I get my own airplane.

short final guy needs to go around or do a 360
that depends.. are you in Mogadishu? The checklist should specify that..

50 page checklist
pre taxi
taxi
post taxi
pre run up
run up
post run up
pre take off
take off
initial climb
climb
cruise climb

**I have a theory that the manufactures of 1970s Skyhawks made very long checklists to make us feel more official. I mean, a 1970s 172N doesn't even have a fuel pump.. the checklists feel long just for the sake of it.. THAT, or the schools use a photocopied 55 item custom made checklist that includes things like "adjust headset"

someone here once mentioned a clipboard or something slipping and hindering the control yoke, after having checked it at preflight. To me this means it is well worth one last check just before takeoff. Autopilot, I agree, but it is on the clubs checklist and so, has to be checked, I think some of the chemists have not been well thought out, but am bound to it until I get my own airplane.
I suppose, I always give the stick one final wiggle and peak out the wing, check the mixture, lights, and flaps before entering the runway.. those seem like obvious memory items though, like putting your car in "D" to go forward

Not trying to be a A$$.. sorry, but I honestly think huge checklists actually risk making people more myopic and less likely to stay ahead of the plane

That’s a lot of stuff happening on the runway. I could not be a member of your club. It would drive me nuts.

CFR 91.113 Right-of-way rules: Except water operations.

(g) Landing. Aircraft, while on final approach to land or while landing, have the right-of-way over other aircraft in flight or operating on the surface, except that they shall not take advantage of this rule to force an aircraft off the runway surface which has already landed and is attempting to make way for an aircraft on final approach. When two or more aircraft are approaching an airport for the purpose of landing, the aircraft at the lower altitude has the right-of-way, but it shall not take advantage of this rule to cut in front of another which is on final approach to land or to overtake that aircraft.

The regs aside, I've was in a similar situation when I had just landed and had to back taxi on a runway with no turnout at the end and I saw someone was on short final. It was a Class G airfield and the landing plane had no radio, I was told. He did finally see us and did a go around, which is what I opine would have been the wiser thing for the landing plane to do in your case if you have no place to go. Both pilots need to communicate and work it out....

On da runway dude: Two choices. Sit tight or try to get out before short final dude gets there.
Short final dude: If the runway dude decides to sit tight, land over or go around. If the runway dude decides to roll, land behind or go around.

Any one of the 4 could happen at any time.

Seems to me that if the short final dude is REALLY on a short final, runway dude should sit tight and not start rolling under short final lest it end up like this: https://www.woodtv.com/news/michigan/2-aircraft-crash-on-north-fox-island/. On the other hand, if short final is not really that short, but is just saying that he is for the sake of being an ass, then runway dude has time to get out. But without knowing, runway dude should probably sit tight.

In any case, short final dude should just simply go around. Snot a big deal. Stuff happens, particularly on a runway that requires a back taxi and you don't bother to announce things like downwind or base...

On da runway dude: Two choices. Sit tight or try to get out before short final dude gets there.
Short final dude: If the runway dude decides to sit tight, land over or go around. If the runway dude decides to roll, land behind or go around.

Any one of the 4 could happen at any time.

Seems to me that if the short final dude is REALLY on a short final, runway dude should sit tight and not start rolling under short final lest it end up like this: https://www.woodtv.com/news/michigan/2-aircraft-crash-on-north-fox-island/. On the other hand, if short final is not really that short, but is just saying that he is, then runway dude has time to get out. But without knowing, runway dude should probably sit tight.

In any case, short final dude should just simply go around. Snot a big deal. Stuff happens, particularly on a runway that requires a back taxi.

Now we’re getting to it!
Assuming both have working radios, I guess it is just spur of the moment (after checking each other’s actual situation) cooperation then. No hard and fast rules that final or ready for takeoff have priority, right?

I suppose, I always give the stick one final wiggle and peak out the wing, check the mixture, lights, and flaps before entering the runway.. those seem like obvious memory items though, like putting your car in "D" to go forward

Not trying to be a A$$.. sorry, but I honestly think huge checklists actually risk making people more myopic and less likely to stay ahead of the plane

I didn’t think you were being one of those posterior thingies. :)

And I am not really enamored of the fairly long checklist for ore takeoff. My instructor is not making it clear (because we have a fairly “lazy little” airport, but it can be busy at times) what and when. If we had to, as the POH instructs, lean the mixture for all ground ops, it would make sense to check mixture full before takeoff, but we don’t, so I could just as well do all from the checklist except, “note time (for billing), transponder to ALT, and check RWY heading by compass”.

I’m still at the stage where I’m not sure if I checked well enough before entering the runway. I’m committed, and do as thorough a scan as I can, and listen on commas, but still need to feel confident in spotting traffic. Also at our RWY 30, there is a hillside/small mountain that hides incoming traffic some that are planning straight in approaches. They come out from behind and I think they have about 10 nm between sighting the, and landing.

So it got me wondering about no matter where the blame lays, what to do IF it happens.

No hard and fast rules that final or ready for takeoff have priority, right?
According to the written rules, the aircraft on final would have the right of way, but at the point described, that is academic because there is nothing the runway dude can do about it.

Let common sense rule. In this situation, the aircraft on the ground should announce he/she is holding position for takeoff, yielding way to the aircraft on short final. However, there are some lessons to be learned in getting into this situation in the first place.
  1. The aircraft back-taxiing on the runway should not be dilly-dallying on valuable real estate by going through the pre-takeoff checklist while on the far end of the runway. Do this before taking the active runway if there is no place to do this off the end of the active runway, in order not to tie up the runway unnecessarily.
  2. The aircraft on final should have made a position call before "short final" to allow aircraft on the ground to time their taxi and takeoff operations. Even if doing a 15 mile final in lieu of a standard pattern entry, at least give a 10- and 5-mile final call to help others coordinate with you.
Courtesy, safety, and common sense, folks. Being adamant about who is "more righter" is how one is going to bend metal some day.

I didn’t think you were being one of those posterior thingies. :)

And I am not really enamored of the fairly long checklist for ore takeoff. My instructor is not making it clear (because we have a fairly “lazy little” airport, but it can be busy at times) what and when. If we had to, as the POH instructs, lean the mixture for all ground ops, it would make sense to check mixture full before takeoff, but we don’t, so I could just as well do all from the checklist except, “note time (for billing), transponder to ALT, and check RWY heading by compass”.

I’m still at the stage where I’m not sure if I checked well enough before entering the runway. I’m committed, and do as thorough a scan as I can, and listen on commas, but still need to feel confident in spotting traffic. Also at our RWY 30, there is a hillside/small mountain that hides incoming traffic some that are planning straight in approaches. They come out from behind and I think they have about 10 nm between sighting the, and landing.

So it got me wondering about no matter where the blame lays, what to do IF it happens.
Many small airports sometimes seem like anarchy, and everyone is sort of doing their own thing.. maybe the guy dilly dallying on the runway was nervous, or was taught to "always do your checklist one last time before you take off" and took that very literally

RE checklist.. leaning on the ground is great as it A) burns (a tiny bit) less gas and B) keeps the engine happier from the plugs fouling, etc. For most take offs you should get used to just pushing everything forward.. throttle, mixture, prop, etc. For high DA in non turbo planes the mixture is a different story

I wonder why you guys don't lean on the ground? People should be taught fully and properly.. not with easier versions of the training that may ill prepare you for the real world, etc.

The day you feel like you saw all traffic is the day you got complacent @LongRoadBob. Don’t worry too hard about that feeling. It won’t go away ever. And shouldn’t. :)

Splitting the checklist can aide when you are doing a stop and taxi-back vs a full start up and taxi. Of course, that pre takeoff checklist seems too big for a stop and taxi-back type checklist.

1. Transmit to the aircraft on final that you are in takeoff position.
2. Turn so you can see the aircraft on final,--if he is not going around or will not obviously overfly you, taxi off the side of the runway to avoid collision.
3. Change the club's moronic checklists.

Regarding this specific situation, I believe it would be prudent for Plane A to turn in place on the runway so the pilot can see the aircraft on final. This accomplishes a few things. (1) Gives the pilot situational awareness on where Plane B actually is, and (2) the pilot of Plane B will be assured that Plane A is not attempting to roll. Also (3) if Plane B is truly short final then the pilot of Plane A can throttle up and head for the weeds if Plane B doesn’t appear to be going around (which is what they should do).

Then the pilot of Plane A can write a strongly worded memo to the cub board members about not having anything more than a compass check before takeoff. I learned how to fly out of a class B airport and sometimes the controllers need you executing immediately from holding short to the takeoff roll.

2. Turn so you can see the aircraft on final,--if he is not going around or will not obviously overfly you, taxi off the side of the runway to avoid collision.

Damnit. I used more words and you covered pretty much my thoughts.

If you are going conduct pre-takeoff checks at the end of the runway, you should be facing approaching traffic or turned 90 degrees to approaching traffic while doing so and until starting your takeoff roll. If you are pointed down the runway while doing pre-takeoff checks with your tail toward potential conflicting traffic on final, you were not trained properly to maintain adequate safety awareness. The last thing you should do before any takeoff roll is to look toward the final approach course for any aircraft on final. A NORDO on final would create a potential mess if you don't look.

Many small airports sometimes seem like anarchy, and everyone is sort of doing their own thing.. maybe the guy dilly dallying on the runway was nervous, or was taught to "always do your checklist one last time before you take off" and took that very literally

RE checklist.. leaning on the ground is great as it A) burns (a tiny bit) less gas and B) keeps the engine happier from the plugs fouling, etc. For most take offs you should get used to just pushing everything forward.. throttle, mixture, prop, etc. For high DA in non turbo planes the mixture is a different story

I wonder why you guys don't lean on the ground? People should be taught fully and properly.. not with easier versions of the training that may ill prepare you for the real world, etc.

I thought I was showing that I was being responsible to my CFI when I figured out since the POH says clearly that ALL ground operations the engine should be leaned. It mentioned leaning in the warm up checklist before initial taxi, but never after run up. Also the club has recurring problems with cylinders going bad, loss of full power the last few years. He nixed it right there, “just follow the checklist”.

I also, specially when having to wait before entering the runway, want to do the pre takeoff checklist except for the three items I mentioned which should be done on the runway. He hasn’t been against that.

But my last flight (now a while ago) I really made a mistake. Did the pre takeoff, and he immediately said “ok, let’s take off” and I did, and I was behind, in my head, the whole takeoff. Nothing bad happened and it was ok, but I’ll never do that again. At this stage I need about five to ten seconds to review what I’m about to do on takeoff still, and from all I have heard here, and feel myself, I definitely should have responded with “wait..I’m not yet ready” and taken the time to think, focus, and put my mind in the game. I really hated the feeling. I don’t know if he would have thought it was a good sign or been irritated, but I am very sure it would be the right thing. Other operations you can’t “wait” to get focus, you have to be acting in real time, but takeoff is the start and one can decide to take a few breaths, think about it and then proceed.

Which I think is why I started this thread. I will go as quickly as I safely can, but I realize I and even my instructor might miss seeing a plane, or as I said, one comes around the hill on straight approach, and I could find myself in that situation, and from this thread kind of confirmed I think I would alert the plane on final, take no chances and stay put until they landed. Just needed some input from experienced folk.

1. The aircraft back-taxiing on the runway should not be dilly-dallying on valuable real estate by going through the pre-takeoff checklist while on the far end of the runway. Do this before taking the active runway if there is no place to do this off the end of the active runway, in order not to tie up the runway unnecessarily.
Amen, brother. My personal policy is to never move onto a runway unless and until I am 100% ready to take off. There is (in my humble opinion) NO reason to be sitting at the end of the runway running through any kind of checklist. That stuff should all be done before your tire hits the runway in the first place. Another way to look at it: That back-taxi is part of your takeoff.

I always assume someone is going to appear out of nowhere while I'm back-taxiing down that runway, and I hate doing it.

Before we had a parallel taxiway and run-up area, all pre-takeoff checks (controls, mags, fuel settings, vacuum, carb heat, etc.) were done prior to entering the active runway. That allowed a brisk back-taxi and a quick check of the final approach course prior to takeoff.

It is indeed a good idea to lean aggressively for ground ops, as it discourages oil and lead fouling, and cannot possibly hurt the engine at taxi RPMs. If you properly lean for ground ops, you cannot mess this up, because if you forget to enrichen the mixture prior to takeoff roll, the engine will quit when you apply full throttle.

Modern avionics have removed quite a few items from my checklist. No more vacuum checks (I removed it when the G5s went in.) No more setting the compass (the GMU-11 magnetometer adjusts the HSI itself--I just have to verify it makes sense.) And I don't have to turn on the transponder or set it to any particular mode. (The NGT-9000 comes on when the master is engaged, and it sets itself to the proper mode for taxi or flight.)

Well, again, not so interested in who was wrong, just what should happen NOW that the situation has happened.

You can't un-ring a bell. My point is the if one or both pilots didn't do anything wrong, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

That’s a lot of stuff happening on the runway. I could not be a member of your club. It would drive me nuts.

Not a lot of choice, where I am. Still, and I know I’m not experienced, I have a very good attention to detail and see a lot of things wrong with the checklists. Just one example, pre engine start they have one pulling mixture to idle-cutoff, then checking fuel is at both, then throttle back and then forward 1/4”, then fuel shutoff to “ON” (that last one I just have to accept as Cessna also uses this wrong terminology. Seriously, as a programmer it just falls naturally to me that something called a “fuel cutoff valve” when ON, means fuel is cut off. When off means fuel is free to flow. It’s in the name! But that I just have to accept). To me this is just weird. Why not think “flow” where you start at the beginning and position, so much easier to think “fuel tank, then cutoff valve, then misture, then throttle”...it’s natural. Is there a possible reason to be so all over the place?

I bet a lot of checklists are like this, but I notice that in some sections they get very specific, while others it seems to be leaving out things that are “obvious”. Like pre start we set the parking brake. Later on before taxi, they never mention release parking brake. We all know we have to, but why is it missing if they put it in in another previous checklist?

Also, as I mentioned elsewhere, at engine startup they have “watch oil pressure and if not in the green in 30 seconds turn off engine” followed by set RPM to 1000 then, “lean engine”. But the POH says you should lean by going to 1200 RPM and adjust for max rpm. The very next section is “warm up checklist” and it’s first item is set to 1000 rpm and lean. At first I tried to figure out if they had tried to make each section modular.
So when the run up checklist ends with no mention of learning, I’m supposed to think “well, I’m preparing to taxi now so I should redo the taxi checklist”. But no. According to instruction that isn’t the case.

for experienced folk this must seem stupid, that I’m hung up on semantics and just need to use common sense, by I am gettin very mixed messages, CFI pounds in that “just follow the checklist”, and yet the list is incomplete. So I just get the message that it is a game. I don’t like that. I like to know the logic behind what I’m doing, but it seems like either I’m “not at the level” of learning that yet, or else it’s as incomplete as it seems.

Let common sense rule. In this situation, the aircraft on the ground should announce he/she is holding position for takeoff, yielding way to the aircraft on short final. However, there are some lessons to be learned in getting into this situation in the first place.
  2. The aircraft on final should have made a position call before "short final" to allow aircraft on the ground to time their taxi and takeoff operations. Even if doing a 15 mile final in lieu of a standard pattern entry, at least give a 10- and 5-mile final call to help others coordinate with you.
Courtesy, safety, and common sense, folks. Being adamant about who is "more righter" is how one is going to bend metal some day.

If you are going conduct pre-takeoff checks at the end of the runway, you should be facing approaching traffic or turned 90 degrees to approaching traffic while doing so and until starting your takeoff roll. If you are pointed down the runway while doing pre-takeoff checks with your tail toward potential conflicting traffic on final, you were not trained properly to maintain adequate safety awareness. The last thing you should do before any takeoff roll is to look toward the final approach course for any aircraft on final. A NORDO on final would create a potential mess if you don't look.

These all make sense to me. I will definitely ask next time if we can do the pre takeoff before entering the runway. I seem to recall we have. That is another thing, it seems like this adherence to strictly following the checklist is sometimes overridden, or at least not consistent. It’s confusing sometimes to me.

You can't un-ring a bell. My point is the if one or both pilots didn't do anything wrong, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I get that, but let me put it this way, let’s say I did it wrong...(I didn’t, this is theoretical but still let’s put it on me) , it isn’t so interesting for what I’m asking about WHO did it wrong, but “ok, mistakes were made, right now at this point what is the safest way out”.

Just if I found myself in that situation, what is the best, or recommended, or mandated action.

Seems to be answered very well by Craigd31 with 91.113 above. Also have lots of very good advice and points, and I will take them to heart. I need to start taking some more control, if my CFI allows it, to what I would feel comfortable with on my own, which would be to limit my time on the runway as much as possible.

Maybe too, when I can multi task a little better while taxiing, I might be able to do some of the checklist in the way to the end of runway, if I can do it safely...like checking autopilot, flaps, trim set for takeoff, etc.

by the way, once again, thanks all. It helped a lot!

As a controller, I plan my departures and arrivals based on aircraft which have been cleared for take off getting on the runway and rolling soon thereafter. Your club and it's rules would drive controllers nuts insomuch that I would probably say, "Bugsmasher 1243 either start your departure roll or exit the runway."

As a controller, I plan my departures and arrivals based on aircraft which have been cleared for take off getting on the runway and rolling soon thereafter. Your club and it's rules would drive controllers nuts insomuch that I would probably say, "Bugsmasher 1243 either start your departure roll or exit the runway."

Understood. And understand.

We fly out of a little airport (oldest one in Europe I believe) G class, uncontrolled. I see the runway as a place I want to spend the least time on, for safety. Even with our weird (to me...but who am I to judge?) checklist the instructors generally still push for quickness.

I’m a little torn. The club I’m a member of right now is “the biggest club in Norway” which I actually see as both a plus and a minus. Plus because of resources, minus because they don’t have that many trainer airplanes and more members booking it, students like me as well as folk that want to take planes out for a tour which I understand.

I’m a little torn because even though I am apprehensive about it, there is another club (the only other real choice for me) up at a major class C airport, that costs more, and so far I’ve had a problem even just booking meeting the folk there, but that each flight would mean communicating with a major airport ground, tower, and approach and departure. I don’t want to end up with a PPL and be wary of entering class C, or other airspace’s than G. but I’m really considering again tying them. The only way to get good at this I think is with that kind of pressure.

I’m really leaning toward that right now.

Back