Got Netflix and want an action movie?

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
6 Underground is a very typical Ryan Reynolds action movie and a good flick.

Especilly the first car chase and the acrobatic Extra 300 at the beginning.

Uh - you really have to suspend any notion of physics, reality or anything else when watching this. But, if you like to see lots of carnage, impossible car chases, etc. this is one to watch.

I’ll add I’m a bit baffled we don’t have a thread discussing The Mandalorian

Good call. We watched tonight. Silly over the top action stuff and a tiny plot to set up sequels.

I noticed on IMDb or somewhere that much of the writing staff from Deadpool worked on it. Basically it’s Deadpool Light with a team and outrageous car crashes and gratuitous Michael Bay silliness.

Have to hand it to Bay, he’s been doing ridiculous action sequences from back in the days of The Rock, and holds up a middle finger to critics... and the stuff is cinematic and good old fashioned stupid fun.

Someone counted and something like 28 vehicles were ostensibly destroyed in just the opening scene. Hahahaha. The slow mo drift around the one circle where the occupants were “concerned” for the stereotypical bystanders was hilarious.

By the way, try to count the number of references to Marvel, Star Wars, and other large franchises that the characters make.

A massively obvious Easter egg the writers put in, that you might miss without prompting. ;)

The Extra in the beginning was nice. I am glad they got the sound right, and not generic plane sounds.

I liked Reynolds in the pizza sitcom. Seemed funny and great comedic instincts.
Kept hearing about “Deadpool” and finally saw it years after it came out and maybe I was just not in the right mood, but man...I really hated that flick, it was kind of clever in some ways but his flip attitude just seemed so cramped and forced to me.

just could not get into it, and it seems they took a character he is good at and took it to the limit, and then over. At some point where you can’t believe the character can ever be sincere, it kind of makes it one sided.

So when I hear Ryan Reynolds and action movie, I just move on. The worst is I like the guys personality, but writers seem to want to just go to the max with exploiting it without limits.

of course, it’s entirely likely I’m not the target market...as much as it hurts me :)

enjoy!

just could not get into it, and it seems they took a character he is good at and took it to the limit, and then over. At some point where you can’t believe the character can ever be sincere, it kind of makes it one sided.

Without giving spoilers I can say they tried to give this character a LITTLE more depth than Deadpool while still doing forced comedy, in an attempt to mock that character and continue it a bit.

Deadpool being from a comic book has... comic book characters... for sure.

They’re going back and forth in this one, joking about gory stuff one minute and trying to do some predictable character development so you’ll want to care about them a little bit and set up sequels.

You might like this one a little better but it’s still over the top goofy about half the time. Especially the opening scene.

"Hurricane Heist" on Netflix is another good actioner. We watched it, expecting a low-budget garbage film, but it was surprisingly entertaining with good production values. Some technical details were off, of course....

I do want that truck, though.....

Ron Wanttaja

Without giving spoilers I can say they tried to give this character a LITTLE more depth than Deadpool while still doing forced comedy, in an attempt to mock that character and continue it a bit.

Deadpool being from a comic book has... comic book characters... for sure.

They’re going back and forth in this one, joking about gory stuff one minute and trying to do some predictable character development so you’ll want to care about them a little bit and set up sequels.

You might like this one a little better but it’s still over the top goofy about half the time. Especially the opening scene.

okay...good to know, thanks. Like I said I liked him and want to still do but that Deadpool was just not for me.

I liked the sticker that was on the muzzle of the gun put on the peephole.

That coulda been from one of Tarantino's grind flicks or Watchmen comic.

You want action watch “IRONCLAD”. One of the most violent sword-lance-trebuchet medieval flicks around. King John of Magnacarta fame is played by Paul Giamatti who does a great job. Non-stop action packed.

Back