365 days untill......

137, and the first Christmas gift for my wife arrived via UPS yesterday. :p

124 and thinking about how cold it will be... brrr.
I saw a post on facebook yesterday that was shared from a FOX station in New York City. They reminded every one how many days until winter and posted a video of some one driving in the snowy back country of New York. :(

I saw a post on facebook yesterday that was shared from a FOX station in New York City. They reminded every one how many days until winter and posted a video of some one driving in the snowy back country of New York. :(

Had to be Rich!

@RJM62

Had to be Rich!

@RJM62

Nah. No FecesBook for me. Nor any Twitter, nor Google if I can avoid it.

I did, however, buy new tires today:

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/assurance-weatherready

I use studded winter tires, but these Goodyears are "Severe Weather-Rated" with the "3-Peak Mountain and Snowflake" symbol. They also get phenomenal reviews. The snow-worthiness in at least light to moderate snow basically lets me install the winter tires a month later and take them off a month earlier without having to worry about being stuck in minor early-fall or late-spring snowstorms.

I've been shopping around for those tires for about six months looking for the best price. Sam's Club actually had the lowest "regular" price, but I finagled a $225.00 rebate by getting Goodyear's crappy credit card, which brought them in under Sam's Club's price while also allowing me to patronize a local shop for the installation. Sometimes things work out.

I'm already doing other winter preparations, as well. Changing the brakes on the car was part of that, as are the tires. I also have to tune up the snowblower, burn off 30 gallons of stored gasoline and replace it with fresh, fix a shingle on the roof, do one more oil and filter change and put another coat of wax on the car, tune up and change the oil and coolant in the Rotax, and a few other odds and ends. Nothing major. But we do sometimes get October snow and (rarely) September snow, so you can't wait too long to get this stuff done.

One thing I didn't have to do was change the coolant in the car. I was literally on my way to drive to the dealership to get a gallon (KIA uses a silicate-free coolant that also happens to be inexpensive) when I decided to check the owner's manual, and found that the first coolant change isn't due until 120,000 miles. It tests okay, so I'll just replace the few ounces that evaporated over the past three years with straight OEM coolant I have left over from my previous KIA.

Rich

113! Not that I’m actually looking forward to it. Our concert a few weeks before, though, yes.

Well, now it's 365 days until the 2020 Rolex 24 at Daytona, and I'm going.

Hope we get better weather than they had this year.

I changed my mind. Instead of going to the Rolex 24, I'm going to Super Sebring in March next year. On Friday there's a two hour Michelin Pilot Challenge race for modified sports cars, then an eight hour World Endurance Championship race for Le Mans cars. On Saturday, there's the 12 Hours of Sebring race for the Weathertech Sports Car championship. It's only 162 days from now!

For those of us who just can't wait that long, the Petit LeMans 10 hour race is this Saturday.

Yeah, it's getting close. I got my order in for a leg lamp.

26_inch_leg_lamp_leg_only_1000_christmas_story_canada__79844.1425313474.386.513.jpg

I'm having it shipped to the office because it's a surprise for my wife. I hope the shipping company is careful with it, because as we all know, it's fra-gee-lay.

November 1st, I have to stop by Trader Joe's for Advent calendars. I've seen some more grown up ones as well. Aldi, of all places has a wine advent calendar

Advent2.jpg

Also one for beer enthusiasts.

110619_S_12667_BeerAdventCalendar_3Q-2.jpg

There are also ones with whisky, but they're a tad pricey.

scotch-whisky-advent-calendar__64258.1509507142.1280.1280.jpg

6. But, I've still got time to get the shopping done.

Back