• write-stuff
  • Dave Theisen
  • Falls rider
Tentatively Coming List
  • TRocket
  • Tree96
  • MarkH

--------------------------------------------------------
For those interested, you can piggy back the South Carolina Breakfast Club the following day @ 9am.

http://southcarolinabreakfastclub.com/2020-schedule

Last edited:
I am in.

Have a plane, but also available as self loading / pro rata cargo.

I'm in. Plane is reserved. I'm also IR, so it's gotta be really crummy weather for me to bail.

I'm also thinking about doing the EAA 690 breakfast at LZU that morning too.

Have the plane reserved.

I'm on the list but still got no notification.

Add me as a maybe as well. I’m IFR but I’ll be coming over the mountains so we will see how it looks!

In based on weather, and yes, @Lance F , I need to get with you after the craziness of the holidays subside. I'm damned tired of scrubbing just because I can't bust through a low layer.

Plane will be in the avionics shop getting a panel upgrade. Hope to make it next time.

Add me to the list, I've got a plane booked and should be able to make it if the weather is good.

I doubt I'll be able to rent a plane that weekend. Anyone planning to go and leaving from Atlanta have an open seat? If not and I have the time I might drive up.

Last edited:
I doubt I'll be able to rent a plane that weekend. Anyone planning to go and leaving from Atlanta have an open seat? If not and I have the time I might drive up.

I am going. The plane is based at RYY, but I'm thinking about doing the EAA 690 breakfast at LZU before going to GMU.

If I can find someone to sign off on a Tailbeacon install, I am in.

I seem to have selected a terrible time to buy a plane.

If I can find someone to sign off on a Tailbeacon install, I am in.

I seem to have selected a terrible time to buy a plane.
That should be easy. I just bought a tailbeacon to have temporarily until I can get in to the avionics shop for a GNX375

yeah that is bizarre. well i have you added. praying for good weather..
There might be some limit to to number taggable in one message. I didn't get the initial notice either.

In based on weather, and yes, @Lance F , I need to get with you after the craziness of the holidays subside. I'm damned tired of scrubbing just because I can't bust through a low layer.
Sooo what category
There might be some limit to to number taggable in one message. I didn't get the initial notice either.
you may be right.... i am gonna check with the mods...

Yes, I’m planning to go. If CVC makes sense for you, you’d be welcome.

I may just have to take the day off work. Now to decide who’s plane I’m going to borrow or beg for a ride.

Doggone it.. I thought the kids' basketball didn't start until the NEXT weekend, but they actually start Jan 4. We have games at 10am and 2pm. Looks like I'll miss out on this one as well.

Thanks for pinging me, Dave. Ok, the 4th looks reasonably good to me, too.

I might be able to go if anyone has an empty seat in the Raleigh / Apex / Louisburg / Sanford area and wouldn't mind me tagging along. I live in Raleigh. Would be happy to share expenses.

I plan to be there, thanks to midlifeflyer offering to let me tag along with him. Looking forward to it.

Potential for the Mooney to be in annual by then. If so, will bum a ride with @Ryanb if possible.

Anyone interested in staying overnite... Going out later that evening for some dinner and drinks and attending the SOuth Carolina Breakfast Club in the morning at GMU?

That's class D airspace (i.e. no ADS-B required). Right?

Somehow, I'm thinking the transponder in the box in the basement will not be installed by then.

Yeah, ADSB won’t be required to fly into Class D airspace or non-towered airports, as long as they aren’t within a 30nm Mode C ring.

Somehow, I'm thinking the transponder in the box in the basement will not be installed by then.

GMU is under Class C space though. You will need to stay out of that, but that shouldn't be too hard. Just be aware of it.

Where are you flying out of in Atlanta? Most of them are inside the ATL Mode C ring. LZU is not in it, but too close for comfort.

You can fly under the shelf of Class C, but you can’t fly over the lateral limits of Class C below 10,000 ft.

Back