First Annual in progress...

Chilito

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Chilito
Any thoughts on the below is appreciated... It's a 68 C150H.

1. ELT ground switch not working (can just the switch be replaced? ELT is/was good through 2026)
2. Main tire rotations (is it as simple as the car?)
3. Nose strut seal leak
4. R side fuel tank leak previously mentioned as likely a cracked hose now may be the tank itself. (can they be patched/sealed or does the entire tank need to be replaced? yikes)

Thanks, as always.

3. Should be a $15-30 kit of seals, rings, etc., and a bottle or two of fluid. Maybe 2 hrs work or so. Couple three hundred bucks my guess.

You can do the tires yourself. I think it’s a good way to start on the list of approved maintenance items an owner is allowed to do under the regs.

Whenever I rotate the tires I also clean and grease the wheel bearings. It’s easy to do while the wheels are off. At a minimum my IA wants it done during each annual.

gary

Thanks guys. Not as bad as I had imagined, for a first annual.

1. ELT ground switch not working (can just the switch be replaced? ELT is/was good through 2026)

Are you referring to the remote switch? Could be as simple as a loose ground wire or the battery for the external speaker is dead.

2. Main tire rotations (is it as simple as the car?)

Why? Is the tire wearing on the outside? If that is the case it isn't a big deal but you'll have to disassemble the wheel and turn the tire around.

3. Nose strut seal leak As mentioned above, the kit is not expensive but the labor to remove the strut, replace the seals (including the top one) may be at least a couple hours.

4. R side fuel tank leak previously mentioned as likely a cracked hose now may be the tank itself. (can they be patched/sealed or does the entire tank need to be replaced? yikes) bladder replacement is pretty labor intensive and they aren't cheap.

Not totally sure what you mean by ELT ground switch. If you are referring to the remote control panel it could be a bad battery. Some of them have little batteries in them that need replacing.

Back