How to buy a private jet

“You’re buying Time, not luxury”
I tell that to my wife about our club 182-H.

How to buy a private jet

Large-Amount-Of-Cash-Crimes.jpg

Buying it is the easy part. Operating/maintaining it is what runs into real money.
Yep. You can buy an old jet for what you'd pay for a new Mooney. Feeding and fixing it will cost memorable amounts of cash.

Yep. You can buy an old jet for what you'd pay for a new Mooney. Feeding and fixing it will cost memorable amounts of cash.
A nice Citation with good time remaining can be bought around $4-500K, that is the cheapest part of owning one!! Just the fuel bills will make a grown man cry! 200 gallons the first hour in a 550, 175 or so in a 501! But, they are cool to fly!!

A nice Citation with good time remaining can be bought around $4-500K, that is the cheapest part of owning one!! Just the fuel bills will make a grown man cry! 200 gallons the first hour in a 550, 175 or so in a 501! But, they are cool to fly!!
Toss in a couple of hot section inspections, and you've spent more than your house cost.

When Lear 23/24s were getting down under 100 grand, it filled me with all sorts of fiscally dangerous thoughts.

For those curious how much a jet(and piston/tprop) will cost you to actually fly- https://www.conklindd.com/CDALibrary/ACCostSummary.aspx?seoctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_grid=page2
And this is just fuel/maintenance reserve. So $69 Million for a G650 buys you the privilege of paying $5k an hour to fly. $60k round trip coast to coast for the machine. Of course you need 2 pilots and a FA, which is another $300k a year in salary. Not many millionaires bother with that puppy. We're taking billionaires and corporations only.

Owning a jet can make you a millionaire! You just have to start with a billion dollars.

For those curious how much a jet(and piston/tprop) will cost you to actually fly- https://www.conklindd.com/CDALibrary/ACCostSummary.aspx?seoctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_grid=page2
And this is just fuel/maintenance reserve. So $69 Million for a G650 buys you the privilege of paying $5k an hour to fly. $60k round trip coast to coast for the machine. Of course you need 2 pilots and a FA, which is another $300k a year in salary. Not many millionaires bother with that puppy. We're taking billionaires and corporations only.

$300k total for two pilots and a F/A? Good luck with that...

$500k for just the pilots, and a good f/a will cost you at least $100k.

$300k total for two pilots and a F/A? Good luck with that...

$500k for just the pilots, and a good f/a will cost you at least $100k.
My neighbors daughter was a flight attendant for Delta, she quit and has been doing contract FA work on a G-V and I think it’s $6-700 per day! She’s trying to get on full time! I think she’d start about $75K, plus benefits, not bad for a 26 year old!

Back