Cessna 150 solo pics...

RyanShort1

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
RyanShort1
Ok, so these aren't @Lowflynjack quality, but I had a bit of fun with my camera while a student of mine was doing his second solo at Dallas Executive this evening and I thought the photos were worth sharing. It was also great that the student's landings were predictable enough to get myself in the right spots for the photos.

RMS_9908_CONV.jpg RMS_9920_CONV.jpg RMS_9963_CONV.jpg RMS_9967_CONV.jpg RMS_9968_CONV.jpg RMS_9977_CONV.jpg RMS_9978_CONV.jpg

Attachments

• RMS_0023_CONV.jpg
    RMS_0023_CONV.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Photo 1 looks like post sundown without nav lights and what are the chances of taking 7 photos and not getting a a lit beacon one time?

nice! I wish I'd had a shot or two like those of my early flights..... well really any of my flights!

Looks like some nice pictures of good landings.

Marketing plan: hold onto those photos for awhile. Sell them to the student years from now at a significant mark-up! (Thinking about how much I would pay for pictures of my first solo 24 years ago!)

Ryan, that is very thoughtful wish I had my first ones in the Cherokee 140, almost half a century ago. But where's the tailwheel on that plane?
Bill G

Ryan, that is very thoughtful wish I had my first ones in the Cherokee 140, almost half a century ago. But where's the tailwheel on that plane?
Bill G
Insurance for student solos in tailwheel is prohibitively expensive at the moment for anything that I could use on evenings and weekends. He'll probably be flying with me in a Cessna 140 once he's passed the checkride.

Insurance for student solos in tailwheel is prohibitively expensive at the moment for anything that I could use on evenings and weekends. He'll probably be flying with me in a Cessna 140 once he's passed the checkride.

Good for him! I love my 140! Is he getting one for himself?

I have photos of most of the airplanes I've flown over the years. Unfortunately among the few that are missing is the airplane I first soloed (C-150G N744JG, 9/15/1967).

My long solo cross-country has been recorded for posterity, though. My dad was there to photograph my arrival at Bermuda Dunes CA in another brand spankin' new 150G.

Thankfully digital photography hadn't been invented when I learned to fly and no one ever thought enough of the Steingar to want to blow film or development costs. Sadly, in the day of digital photography photos of the Steingar badly flying and landing airplanes can easily be found on the net. I might not allow cameras in the airplane, but there isn't much I can do about those on the ground, except perhaps wave my private pats in their general direction. Hard to do when you've your hands full of airplane.

Ryan, that is very thoughtful wish I had my first ones in the Cherokee 140, almost half a century ago. But where's the tailwheel on

Ryan, that is very thoughtful wish I had my first ones in the Cherokee 140, almost half a century ago. But where's the tailwheel on
Since I’m unlikely to be allowed to solo anyone in it, the only photos I’m likely to post of it will be from the inside. ;)

Awesome shots and I bet the student will cherish them. The day I did my first solo it was a bit unplanned for myself so I only have the memories and a silent video I took from a cheap gopro knockoff mounted in the aircraft. Maybe when I finally get my checkride (keeps getting pushed) I'll get some photos on my return to my home airport.

what are the chances of taking 7 photos and not getting a a lit beacon one time?

I've taken thousands of photos at airshows when I was working the airshow circuit and its amazing how many shots don't have any beacon flashes in them. Everything from single engine planes to fighter jets and the aircraft strobe seems to hate getting itself in photos. When you get a clean photo with the strobes going off though, I personally think it adds to the picture and looks great.

I've taken thousands of photos at airshows when I was working the airshow circuit and its amazing how many shots don't have any beacon flashes in them. Everything from single engine planes to fighter jets and the aircraft strobe seems to hate getting itself in photos. When you get a clean photo with the strobes going off though, I personally think it adds to the picture and looks great.
Photoshop 'em in!

Back