Bad news

Sorry to hear you are going back to the bottom of the totem pole. Glad to hear you are destined for more great things. Congrats!

Better Delta than some others....[who shall remain nameless]

Hey congrats Jordane! You gotta be on tract for the youngest captain in the company.

I’m going to be an FO again. Good news is I’ve accepted a job with Delta! I’ll follow up with a write up in a little bit.
Congrats! Not to spoil the upcoming write-up, but....how long did you spend at the Regional? I'm entertaining the idea of flying commercially when I retire from the military in 2022. You know, for something different to do... ;)

Cheers,
Brian

Congrats! Not to spoil the upcoming write-up, but....how long did you spend at the Regional? I'm entertaining the idea of flying commercially when I retire from the military in 2022. You know, for something different to do... ;)

Cheers,
Brian
April will be 4 years. The hiring manager said we should expect a late February class. So it will be a little under 4 years at Endeavor for me.

As long as it's a 6-string bass, who cares? 6-string basses are cool. Any jamoke can jam on a 4-string...
I meant bass as in fish. Since we all know 121 guys make so much and only work like 40hrs a month they spend a lot time fishing. From their lake house

:D

Nice.
Congrats.
Any idea what bass?
ATL and NYC were the most recent bases. They are offering 737 NYC, A320 NYC, 717 NYC, A220 NYC and MD88 ATL. Delta does seniority by last 4 of your SSN. Mine starts with a 1 so I’ll be bottom of the barrel. There’s a chance I could end up commuting to ATL for the mad dog even though I live in NY and want to be based in NYC. I’d love to get the 737 so I can fly with my dad.

Sweet!! That job sounds like a keeper, remember we little people.

Congratulations!! I should have done that many years ago. May still try it as an old guy.

Wooooohoooooo! Congrats man!

ATL and NYC were the most recent bases. They are offering 737 NYC, A320 NYC, 717 NYC, A220 NYC and MD88 ATL. Delta does seniority by last 4 of your SSN. Mine starts with a 1 so I’ll be bottom of the barrel. There’s a chance I could end up commuting to ATL for the mad dog even though I live in NY and want to be based in NYC. I’d love to get the 737 so I can fly with my dad.
Good luck on equipment and base. Just remember to tell them if it aint Boeing you aint going....cause those french planes call you a retard.

Post up what equipment you get. I fly DL for work a lot now (posting from Shinkansen train on way to Toyko, flying home on 772 saturday) so maybe youll be my driver some day.

Isn't that against child labor laws ?

Congrats ! You certainly get in younger than most. So your retirement date is what, 2058 ?

Congrats. Good to see at least a few people getting picked up in the coin flip interview program.

Good luck on equipment and base. Just remember to tell them if it aint Boeing you aint going....cause those french planes call you a retard.

Post up what equipment you get. I fly DL for work a lot now (posting from Shinkansen train on way to Toyko, flying home on 772 saturday) so maybe youll be my driver some day.

Congratulations!

A220 has the coolest cockpit of the bunch (in my biased opinion). The only thing nicer at Delta is the A350.

- Martin
I’ll be happy with whatever they give me! I’ll barely take a pay cut year 1 (I may actually make more due to their direct contribution and profit sharing) and by year 2, I’ll make more than I’d ever make at Endeavor

I’ll be happy with whatever they give me!

The MD would give you bragging rights. 30 years down the line when you are a grizzled senior captain you can regale the youngins with war stories of 'snow in the cabin' and checking fuel with dipsticks.

Delta is planning on hiring 1300 pilots in 2020. I hit it at the perfect time.

Technically the perfect time was 2013, but yes, you're around the tail end of the first third of the wave. Of course indexed for your age none of it matters, since hardly anyone hired before you since 2013 is younger than you.

Great news! Hopefully you get that 737 in NYC. That would be so great if you could be a crew with your dad. Very few people can say they’ve done that!

Congrats, you lucky dog! Speaking of dog, how much longer is Delta going to fly the MDs anyway?

Congrats! My sister in law is a flight attendant with Delta based in Atlanta. Maybe you’ll run into her. :)

pa03oRY.jpg

Ap7JQCz.jpg

Day 1 consisted of HR panel, job knowledge test (60 question, 60 minute ATP style), cognitive test (similar to luminosity), 240 question personality test.

The HR panel consisted of an HR rep, current CA, and retired CA. It was very conversational, talked about my app, why I chose my college, why did you fail calculus the first time:), etc. Surprisingly only 1 tell me about a time question, and decent amount of what would you do scenarios. The whole thing lasted 45 minutes but get a lot shorter. The guys in the panel were awesome and made me feel at ease.

We took a break for lunch before switching to the testing section. The first was the cog test. We did tasks such as balancing a ball on beam with the left and right key, pattern recognition, audio pattern recognition, etc. Kind of like an IQ test. All the different cog tests were timed so you needed to be accurate as well as timely. Next was the personality test with random questions/statements graded on strongly disagree to strongly agree. That was straight forward. Next was the job knowledge test which mostly consisted of aerodynamics, turbine operations and pilot math like descent planning.

After the testing was complete we reconvened in the waiting area. It felt like forever until they started calling names. If your name was called that was a bad thing. 5 guys didn’t get the job. 3 military, 1 regional captain and 1 corporate guy. After, the hiring manager congratulated us and another HR person came in to do the on boarding which consisted of fingerprinting, drug test, etc.

Day 2 was A LOT more relaxed. It started with a 567 question MMPI-2 test which consisted of questions or statements and you had to answer true or false. They were weird. Do you enjoy torturing animals, do you like fire, etc. I actually had to redo this test which the proctor said wasn’t a big deal because I was too neutral I guess and the test psychologist could not validate the test. While waiting to retake, I got drug tested, fingerprinted, and badged. I retook the test and the psychologist brought me into the room and said the first test was invalid and the second test was valid so we were on the right track. Talked for about 35 minutes just about life, relationships, stressful situations and I was on my way. About 10 minutes later the psych evaluation passed and the hiring manager shook my hand again and said welcome to Delta. It was definitely one of the most stressful 2 days in my life but it was a great experience. This board has helped me a lot and I thank the moderators for keeping this board awesome! To think I was instructing back in 2016 and now working for a legacy at 26 is a dream come true!

Congrats, you lucky dog! Speaking of dog, how much longer is Delta going to fly the MDs anyway?
They said on multiple occasions they were getting rid of them but they still have them so I have no idea. I do feel like it would be a fun plane to fly but I really don’t want to commute.

Congratulations! My friend who has only been an FO at Endeavor for two years just got a job there as well.

Last edited:
Back