Operation Good Cheer

Huckster79

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Huckster79
any other POAers fly for Operation Good Cheer today?

250+ pilots plus truck drivers flew And drove over 15,000 gifts today for something like 6000+ Michigans foster kids.

What an amazing experience to be a part of...

We had 5 planes from Greenville Area Aviation Association fly, one of us deliveded to Owosso KRNP, while the rest of us joined the 36 planes that went to Saginaw KMBS, in all they delivered gifts to around 30 airports in MI from KPTK. MBS in Saginaw had to ask PTK to slow down our departures they were too swamped :)

Really touched by this, I only became aware a couple weeks ago when asked to volunteer, next year Im hoping our association can get involved early and sponsor a couple kids and join in that part too

9A5FBFDC-68A4-4482-84BF-DF98859557D5.jpeg 6C0EF5D4-796D-45B1-9421-973288DB57AF.jpeg FBF9D59A-ABE6-4B87-AD1D-FC176A2B793C.jpeg E929977F-6485-4B93-90D1-DC65E50CD75E.jpeg
BEC56F55-DD5E-4F3B-8E12-AD2302B9AB7E.jpeg

Last edited:
My second year flying for OGC. Kudos to all the controllers in MI, they really got a workout today. Glad we had good weather! They had over 250 planes participating today.

My second year flying for OGC. Kudos to all the controllers in MI, they really got a workout today. Glad we had good weather! They had over 250 planes participating today.

Where did you deliver to?

Absolutely the controllers were amazing, start to finish state wide! I typically don't fly controlled much, just an arrival and departure when I need my club plane at KGRR, but thats typically a really basic non busy experience, and they made it hardly any more workload than flying a burger run Today, with a sky packed, dealing w lots of folks that aren't regular ATC users... yes kudos kudos kudos :)

I heard 270ish but wasn't sure of that..

I used to participate. I’ve know many, many pilots that also say they “used to participate”.

Wow I just seen a FB post that it was all ver 20,000 gifts for over 7,000 kids this year!

Way to go @Huckster79!

Our effort was pretty small compared to yours. I fired up a evite and we got 5 planes from our group to assist with a toys for kids drive from FCM to STC. I was amazed at how many gifts were in the destination hangar!!! We brought two Skyhawks, a Skylane, a Dakota and a 414. The winner for most hauled was Caravan on floats...that thing was packed and people were unloading it for long time. They really loaded up the 414 from our group as well. We think we might try this (outer stagging point) at our airport next year.

Way to go @Huckster79!

Our effort was pretty small compared to yours. I fired up a evite and we got 5 planes from our group to assist with a toys for kids drive from FCM to STC. I was amazed at how many gifts were in the destination hangar!!! We brought two Skyhawks, a Skylane, a Dakota and a 414. The winner for most hauled was Caravan on floats...that thing was packed and people were unloading it for long time. They really loaded up the 414 from our group as well. We think we might try this (outer stagging point) at our airport next year.

I was just a single 172 out of it all, the real work was the organization and ATC us pilots had the cake job of it all...

Back