Hey

AndyY

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Andy
55 years young - starting my training in NW GA. Love all the techie stuff (i.e. how it all works) - hate all the factual stuff (airspace, medical, etc). Need to find a way to easily remember it all.

Will eventually be looking for partnerships in the Calhoun / Cartersville / Kennesaw corridor. Like the idea of a 6/300 for occasional trips with family. Also toying with eventually trying some aerobatics..

Enjoy your weekend

Hi Andy!

Good luck finding some partners for a Cherokee 6. I’ve been trying to get a partnership for a 6/300 for years at my home drone without success, so instead I’m saving so cash to get one myself (selling my pristine warrior first gets me a good head start). Just don’t try those aerobatic maneuvers in one! Lol

Welcome!

I made index cards with a lot of the hard to remember stuff.

Enjoy every hour.

Welcome enjoy the forum. Going to be tough doing aerobatics in a six.

Oh, I forgot to say "welcome to POA".
And btw, you might get more hits if your subject title was slightly more descriptive.

Study, study, study...:rolleyes: I liked the King Videos, but that was 1/4 a century ago. Heck I don't think I have anything to play the VHS's anymore.
Welcome to POA

55 years young - starting my training in NW GA. Love all the techie stuff (i.e. how it all works) - hate all the factual stuff (airspace, medical, etc). Need to find a way to easily remember it all.

Will eventually be looking for partnerships in the Calhoun / Cartersville / Kennesaw corridor. Like the idea of a 6/300 for occasional trips with family. Also toying with eventually trying some aerobatics..

Enjoy your weekend
Welcome and good luck with PPL

Cool! Another local... welcome!

Welcome!

I made index cards with a lot of the hard to remember stuff.

Enjoy every hour.

What he said. Also, if you are a techie, get the Gleim online PPL training program and go through their modules to the tune of a section a night for 30 days. After a month with consistent practice test scores of 80% and above, you’ll be good to go.

The pass rate on the PPL written was over 90% last year out of 20,000+ takers with the average score being 83% I think. In other words, it’s not as hard as folks make it out to be.

https://www.faa.gov/data_research/a...a/2018/annual/2018_Airman_Knowledge_Tests.pdf

Welcome! IIRC, our member @Flocker is in your area. Hopefully he'll see this and say hello.

Do you already have your medical? If not, I recommend you spend some time browsing the POA medical forum and getting a little advice before going for your exam. A mistake can wreck your training progress and cost many thousands, so proceed cautiously.

Enjoy your weekend

Welcome Andy!

I was a couple of years older than you when I started, and I’ll be taking my IFR test soon. I’ve found the learning is a little harder then when we were younger, but it’s not that bad, it’ll all come together.

One thing that’s helped me is taking and retaking all the practice questions and tests. I’ve been able to identify things I’m weak in, and see what I need to understand better, and what I need to just rote memorize. Keep studying and you’ll get there!

Welcome, Andy! The Cherokee 6 is a great workhorse airplane.
I would like to walk into a Cherokee 6 myself. Not sure I could afford it, I'll be on a fixed income when I retire in a few years..:(

Welcome to the monkey house! I’m not far away, shuttling back and forth between extreme N GA* and E TN (Lenoir City, near Knoxville).

I’m a CFI that’s been doing this a long time. NOT soliciting, but I’d be happy to get together to chat and hopefully point you in the right direction. Mentoring, as it were. Maybe even go up in my Light Sport Sky Arrow for fun, not instruction.

Let me know via PM if you’re interested.

*Actually fly into Copperhill, TN, the nearest airport to our home in Mineral Bluff, GA, just north of Blue Ridge.

Welcome! IIRC, our member @Flocker is in your area. Hopefully he'll see this and say hello.

Do you already have your medical? If not, I recommend you spend some time browsing the POA medical forum and getting a little advice before going for your exam. A mistake can wreck your training progress and cost many thousands, so proceed cautiously.
:yeahthat:
Welcome aboard. You might want to invest in some asbestos underwear in case you run into the occasional flame war.

Back