LA News Chopper hit by drone

I’m actually surprised we haven’t seen this more...

There’s NO WAY that could’ve been a drone - those things are only supposed to fly up to 400’ and besides, there aren’t really any rogue drone operators out there to speak of. Clearly this is a black flag op to get more control over all of the poor drone operators. Wait, that’s a good idea...

I don't believe that it was a media helicopter. 'Cause how come there's no video?

Would I be going too far in saying that I think things like flying a drone near aircraft or airports or in violation of the AGL/LOS regs should be punishable by hanging? It's only a matter of time until something really bad happens, with a loss of life. The only questions are when and how many people.

I don't believe that it was a media helicopter. 'Cause how come there's no video?

Media helis aren't recording at all times afaik, just when they are actively being used. That and they aren't often pointing at the tail rotor...

Meanwhile in the ''Drones Today'' newsletter is an article about some guy out test flying his kids Christmas present when suddenly a helicopter ran into the drone, totally destroying it....

Media helis aren't recording at all times afaik, just when they are actively being used. That and they aren't often pointing at the tail rotor...

Yeah, that's what they want you to think.

This should go under Aviation Mishaps, I think.
Four inches higher and about a foot closer to the tailboom and it would have been in the mishaps section. That type aircraft doesn't react well to excessive tailrotor damage.

I have no idea what I'm looking at, what part of the helicopter got damaged?

Back