Questions for Management of POA

Steinmetz, you write "know that I am a strong advocate of freedom of expression" . Of course .Peter, like all the others on this forum you are positively Jeffersonian in you beliefs and advocating for such freedoms. At least in your own mind apparently. And you correctly point out that "this is a private forum."
You know,;like most people "I am a strong advocate of freedom for equal treatment for women, especially in aviation. But my airplane is private so they can sit in the back and not touch the controls or speak. Same with treatment of children and pets, love them, but my house is a private house so is kindness and fairness a goal only of somewhere else. only somewhere public?
My car is a private car, I saw some Hispanic guys broken down and gave them a ride to town, should I have skipped that? My airplanes are private airplanes, should I have skipped the Young Eagle rides or free flights for vets? Hey, they have no legal right to have anyone extend a hand to them.

Let.It.Go

Are boobies conservative or liberal?
They can be either.
images

images

You know,;like most people "I am a strong advocate of freedom for equal treatment for women, especially in aviation. But my airplane is private so they can sit in the back and not touch the controls or speak. Same with treatment of children and pets, love them, but my house is a private house so is kindness and fairness a goal only of somewhere else. only somewhere public?
My car is a private car, I saw some Hispanic guys broken down and gave them a ride to town, should I have skipped that? My airplanes are private airplanes, should I have skipped the Young Eagle rides or free flights for vets? Hey, they have no legal right to have anyone extend a hand to them.

Not even remotely equivalent. None of your examples relate to a public accomodation. You can certainly pick up a broken down motorist, you also can pass by them. It's entirely your choice. This forum can set whatever rules it wants and you are free to follow them or go somewhere else. You can even freely appeal to change the rules and the moderators are free to make the change or not..

All of those are the definition of freedom, including freedom of speech.

Steinmetz, you write "know that I am a strong advocate of freedom of expression" . Of course .Peter, like all the others on this forum you are positively Jeffersonian in you beliefs and advocating for such freedoms. At least in your own mind apparently. And you correctly point out that "this is a private forum."
False equivalency. Change all your examples to being FORCED to provide for those people regardless of your personal wishes, and then it’s equivalent.

all those people you ever passed and didn’t pick up and the entire world you haven’t given a ride yet are the “posts you didn’t allow”.

What if a Hispanic female gay child wanted to fly your plane into a TFR to see the pres? You are a racist homophobic misogynist that hates kids for not letting them.

or maybe it’s your property to choose the scenarios you allow it to be used under.

... At least in your own mind apparently. ... Hey, they have no legal right to have anyone extend a hand to them.

You are getting off onto politics here, which I won’t even comment on as it is a violation of the forum rules.

And you are making assumptions about my beliefs in a personal accusatory way. I have no desire to discuss politics or ethics in that manner in a public forum as I find it rude, even if forum rules did permit it.

I hope you will have the opportunity to contribute to polite discussion of aviation topics here in the future and will choose to do so.

Bill, I don't recall seeing you complain about the no-politics policy, or perceived uneven enforcement of it, at the former AOPA board. Did I just overlook it?

Again, what is your point? The RoC are clear. You don’t get to go to your friend’s house and determine the rules.

Palm Pilot, I don't recall anything about "politics " on the red board, it may have been just cant recall.
This current topic or dispute was begun, NOT BY ME, but by someone posting pictures of a visit by Trump to the Apple factory, (didn't know they had one( in Austin. You may call that political or maybe just technology and business as it also is. It was followed by 32 other posts, none of them mine, and some advocating, that one "respect the office" even if you don't respect the man. I had one post, no. 34 that disagreed with that. I respect people who are lawyers but not if they are working to free O J or mob bosses. So that was the big politics that I wrote and my post was removed but for as I can tell the other 38 were left alone.
And I wrote my question about this, TO THE ADMIINSITRATORS, but most of the answers have come from others jumping in on the topic.
I do note that for all the talk about keeping this forum on aviation, I don't seem many people writing many interesting things about flying, for the most part.
I have tried to contribute to some of the flying topics. Frankly, I don't see a lot of fascinating posts by others on that, except I did get some good replies to my question about flying real ifr.

You are getting off onto politics here, which I won’t even comment on as it is a violation of the forum rules.

And you are making assumptions about my beliefs in a personal accusatory way. I have no desire to discuss politics or ethics in that manner in a public forum as I find it rude, even if forum rules did permit it.

I hope you will have the opportunity to contribute to polite discussion of aviation topics here in the future and will choose to do so.
This is why I support the no politics rule. On a forum people are FAR more rude than they ever would be in person, myself included. It's natural, and it leads to a bad vibe.

Hey, what's going on in here, TL:DR....

Edit, tldr, leaving that typo up there, boomer.

Palm Pilot, I don't recall anything about "politics " on the red board, it may have been just cant recall.
This current topic or dispute was begun, NOT BY ME, but by someone posting pictures of a visit by Trump to the Apple factory, (didn't know they had one( in Austin. You may call that political or maybe just technology and business as it also is. It was followed by 32 other posts, none of them mine, and some advocating, that one "respect the office" even if you don't respect the man. I had one post, no. 34 that disagreed with that. I respect people who are lawyers but not if they are working to free O J or mob bosses. So that was the big politics that I wrote and my post was removed but for as I can tell the other 38 were left alone.
And I wrote my question about this, TO THE ADMIINSITRATORS, but most of the answers have come from others jumping in on the topic.
I do note that for all the talk about keeping this forum on aviation, I don't seem many people writing many interesting things about flying, for the most part.
I have tried to contribute to some of the flying topics. Frankly, I don't see a lot of fascinating posts by others on that, except I did get some good replies to my question about flying real ifr.
Just a technical note. When a post is removed, the other posts in the thread get renumbered. You have no clue as to how many other posts in that thread were removed. But to let you know, as I recall, it was probably about 5; and they were on both sides of the political argument. We do note that the other 4 posters simply accepted that their posts were deleted and didn't create another thread about it, or complain over and over and over and over. The moderators are aware who the complainers are, and so are the other members. As others have said, it you don't like the moderation, there are other places where you can go express yourself.

If I was a moderator I would have already deleted this thread getting tired of @Bill Greenwood droning on and on and on and being deliberately obtuse about the forum not allowing political discussion. Just stop already.

You are all free to call me any nasty name you want or prefer. I give you my permission.

Let the moderators sort it out.

"Doo-doo head" might be pushing the limits, however.

That's what I'm doing...
View attachment 80473
That is one of my favorite functions of XenForo..... While the signal to noise ratio on PoA is really good for an Internet forum, it is very nice to filter out the threads I am not interested in.

Ryan, whenever we get the chance to meet in person, remind me to share with you my Dad's 6-finger guarantee he invented for the auto salvage yard.

So, is the elf going to survive a third year?

I have been trying to track down a full size elf on the shelf costume with complete face covering mask but they are really expensive.
The big plan might not com to fruition. I may have to compromise and come up with something a little less ambitious.

The way I see it thought he has to die one way or another. I am staring at a blank piece of paper and a glass of wine and nothing is coming to me at the moment.

I have been trying to track down a full size elf on the shelf costume with complete face covering mask but they are really expensive.
The big plan might not com to fruition. I may have to compromise and come up with something a little less ambitious.

The way I see it thought he has to die one way or another. I am staring at a blank piece of paper and a glass of wine and nothing is coming to me at the moment.
PM'd you an idea...

Today is my wife’s birthday. We celebrated with Rosé Champagne and have friends coming this weekend to celebrate.

That's really nice.
Happy birthday to your better half.

also I think this is a great idea when a thread goes south, we all just take it over and make it about random joyful things in our life

If I was a moderator I would have already deleted this thread getting tired of @Bill Greenwood droning on and on and on and being deliberately obtuse about the forum not allowing political discussion. Just stop already.
See I find this type of post worse than anything political. Personal attack, insulting others, instigating and antagonistic. Why something like this stays is beyond me.

We had about 10 inches of concrete snow yesterday, today there is at least another 8 inches, hopefully the fluffy kind, not even winter here yet. I need to fire up the snowblower. Stay warm.

See I find this type of post worse than anything political. Personal attack, insulting others, instigating and antagonistic. Why something like this stays is beyond me.
Human nature. Pretty much everyone reads and goes “meh yeah I get it” and they move on because they feel the same. It doesn’t get read for what it really is... a mean personal attack.

Back