Bad day for Aviation

Some rough weather that PC12 took off in. I now they can handle it, but it was IFR out of that airport today. And freezing levels right at ground level. Very sad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I don't know how capable the PC12 is but 12 people in poor wx doesn't scream wise.

I don't know how capable the PC12 is but 12 people in poor wx doesn't scream wise.

The seating capacity in a PC-12 Is up to 11, including the pilot.

Last edited:
I don't think it was a bad day for aviation. It was definitely a bad day for these folks, though.

The pilot from the Navajo crash......

Posted without comment

Attachments

• F1C5C76E-FCE2-4BF2-ABB1-F7DDEA41833D.jpeg
    F1C5C76E-FCE2-4BF2-ABB1-F7DDEA41833D.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 63
Seward to Anchorage is 127 road miles. Is there really time to be saved with a fixed wing medevac ?

Bed to bed. You have to account for a ground transfer at each end and two extra hand-offs.

Well, A lot of that highway was shut down the day/night of the accident due to lots of snow we have had.

Most small town EMS don’t do long distance transports, so it would have been a 5 hour drive round trip with good roads without counting anything other than driving. On a nice day (the operative word being DAY) I can get to Seward in 40 minutes. Assuming the patient meets us at the airport, the time I get to the call to having the patient in anchorage could potentially be right at about 2 hours.

We can generally provide a much higher level of care than an ambulance can as well.

Back