Pilot Gift Question

PulsedN2

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
PulsedN2
Guys;

I'm buying a gift for a private pilot; it will be personalized with their plane tail number. I'm not a pilot, so which is better; to have the "N" prefix in front of the complete number, or leave the "N" off of the tail number on their gift? I've noticed that they never say the "N" part of the number during communications...

Depends, is the aircraft registered in the United States? Other countries have a different letter in front of the numbers.

Depends, is the aircraft registered in the United States? Other countries have a different letter in front of the numbers.

Yes, it is registered in the US, hence it starting with "N". I just want to get the industry syntax correct...

Yes, *do* include the N. It maketh a tail number.

Guys;

I'm buying a gift for a private pilot; it will be personalized with their plane tail number. I'm not a pilot, so which is better; to have the "N" prefix in front of the complete number, or leave the "N" off of the tail number on their gift? I've noticed that they never say the "N" part of the number during communications...
Include the N number like everyone has said.

FYI The reason you don't hear them use the "N" during communications is because its redundant. If you're flying a US registered aircraft in the US the N is assumed and saying "Cardinal 29521" is faster than saying "Cardinal November 29521".

Back