Happy Turkey Day

We started the day with a 5K. Actual results have not been published, but my 8 year old son ran it in about 28 minutes.

Run? For fun? Explain this to me.

Honestly, I don't enjoy running. But I do enjoy how I feel when I'm in "running shape", which generally means stronger legs, a stronger core, better cardio, and probably 5-10 pounds under my non-running weight.

No knees; no running - but just climbed my 500' hill, feels great!
Shunning the "stuff yourself to the gills" meals this year; light all-veggie lunch, all alone. (wife is tending to a heart attack patient in her role as paramedic ironically)
Body feels horrible & disgusting when I eat as much as I am prone to, when 18 courses are laid out like that.
Happy thanksgiving all my turkey friends!

Happy Thanksgiving, my friends.

And I guess to the rest of you as well. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving!

I’m spending my turkey day at the in-laws. Not quite noon here yet, but I’m already eyeballing the wine. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving! - One of many doing a low approach this am at the Shuttle Landing Facility. Had a first time in a GA plane passenger who loved the trip - time for turkey now...

Smoking butts and enjoying malted beverages. 23 degrees to go!

Reactions: Ted
Spent the day with family and enjoyed the turkey, ham and stuffing. My son built a fire, I had a nap and now we are watching Charlie Brown.

We are still an hour minimum from tearing in to the turkey. Dinner time is roughly 5:30 PST. Sides will be garlic mashed potatoes, stuffing, (not in the turkey) green salad, cranberry sauce and an apple pie for dessert.

My diet limits me to turkey and green salad, but I might have a bite of the mashies. Maybe a bite of stuffing if I feel dangerous. Apple pie if I feel suicidal.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Just finished off a grilled ribeye, washed down with a Fat Tire. Our turkey feast is postponed until Sat when our kids will be able to join us.

Then Sunday all four of us will drive to Atlanta and spend a few days volunteering for Samaritan's Purse - Operation Christmas Child. That's become our traditional way to kick off the Christmas season. We'll have carols playing during the drive, spend the days packing up Christmas presents to go overseas, and in the evenings we'll OD on Christmas movies back at the hotel.

Hope everyone enjoyed their festivities. I love Thanksgiving and I miss it living over in Europe. We have an expat dinner tonight that will come close. And next year we will be moved home so I am looking forward to that. I should start a countdown to next year Thanksgiving thread.

The turkey was good, but the last few days have been rough due to a stomach bug. Last night I spent most of the time with my friend Schatz. Ralph stopped by as well.

Back