Just bought a new plane

jd21476

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
jd21476
Well, new to me. I just flew from San Diego to Idaho to buy a 1959 Piper PA-24-180. She is beautiful and has the MacCauley 3 blade prop STC. She also only has 318 hrs SMOH. Now I have to sell my Grumman.

Attachments

• 2B7FEDED-C25A-46EF-B1D6-609F9F3C7895.jpeg
    2B7FEDED-C25A-46EF-B1D6-609F9F3C7895.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 6F2A85C3-C23E-49BE-8EB0-405B62DA7FB4.jpeg
    6F2A85C3-C23E-49BE-8EB0-405B62DA7FB4.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 139
What do you have? My club is in the market for an AA5B.

I think I know who used to own that airplane...

Last I heard, it was in Alaska.

Yep, thats correct but its not in Alaska. It was moved to a hangar in Idaho last year

I was looking at that the sale ad for that one earlier today.

i jumped on it quickly and Im glad I did

bit early for the victory lap chief. Give it at least one annual before you declare victory :D

Jest aside. Enjoy, and good luck to ya on the new-to-you bird. :thumbsup:

That is true. I had an A&P look her over. We did a high speed taxi but never took to the air. It’ll go through annual within the next two weeks so fingers crosses

Congrats!
I've always favored the Comanche over a Bonanza.
Just plain good airplanes!

Second happiest day of an airplane owner’s life...

Shouln’t be too hard to unload the little Grumman. For some reason folks really like those things.

Shouln’t be too hard to unload the little Grumman. For some reason folks really like those things.
I actually really like my Grumman and I may try to find a way to keep it but I will probably have to sell her. They are fast, fun, economical and look awesome

Selling mine wasn’t all that easy granted it was a bit of an ugly duckling with a new heart. They have an undeserved bad reputation. They are probably the cheapest airplane to own though and are super fun to fly. I was out flying my 150 the other day. As I was taxing back after landing at an airport about an hour away I got behind my old Grumman. Departed right behind him and watched as he quickly vanished on the horizon gapping the little 150 pretty quickly. Granted I rotated a few hundred feet before him and land a good bit slower they are way faster and more fun to fly.

Back