another complex certification

lbfjrmd

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Senior AME/ATC AME
to me

cleardot.gif

I came across your info on one of the aviation boards and I understand you may provide some consulting services as in AME in complex cases. I’ve sent an initial inquiry to the folks at LeftSeat and kind of got the generic “you’ll need a Special Issuance” etc. That my be true, but before I jump down any path or call it quits I’d like to discuss it with someone a bit less commercial to ensure I’m doing the proper things.

Briefly, I have a history of OCD that began in my early 20s. I’ve been on SSRIs most of that time. I’m 40 now. The OCD is now well controlled. I presently take 20mg daily Lexapro, but could discontinue if it would help. The bigger issue is that I took Risperidone in the past, discontinued about years ago. I also took Clonazepam daily until about 8 months ago. I still have a prescription for a handful, but don’t use them. I’m guessing that’s a hard deal breaker for the FAA, but I’d like to get an AMEs thoughts before I give it up.

I apologize if this unsolicited email is misguided.

The Lexapro-Klonapin combo is not going to bode well for him. You said in your previous thread it was just SSRI use.

Gonna be tricky explaining away the atypical antipsychotic use as well.

No way to know without (1) reading the file, and the full HIMS P&P process. That’s a big investment with a small rate of return. I have 2 with ~this situation, on SI but with no history of antipsychotics.

I was rather surprised to stumble across my message on this board. I’m in the early stages of making an attempt, working with a local HIMS AME. I’ve received the letter requesting the psychiatrists report, neuropsych evaluation, and records. Yes, I was on an atypical antipsychotic for several years. I have a report from my treating psychiatrist (past 11yrs) that is positive . I sure would appreciate another set of eyes in reviewing the records/reports. It may be expensive with odds that are on the long side, but I’ve resolved that I am going to try. My goal now is to ensure I present my case in a fair and accurate manner.

I was surprised to stumble across my email on this board. I was left with a bit more of a positive impression regarding my chances. Regardless, I have begun the process, having done the initial exam with a local HIMS AME and received the initial letter requesting the initial reports and records laid out in the Initial SSRI Certification Aid. I have everything gathered except the neuropsychologist evaluation (waiting on the FAA to provide the records to him to schedule the evaluation). My psychiatrist, who is board certified and who I have worked with for over 11 years, has provided a positive report, though it will likely need some edits to include some of the key phrases the FAA may want to see. It may be good to have a second set of eyes look everything over to ensure that everything is presented in the best possible light. At this point, a decision is going to be rendered whatever I do. I have resolved to see it through, even if the odds are long.

Go for it.

I wish you well!

I was surprised to stumble across my email on this board. I was left with a bit more of a positive impression regarding my chances. Regardless, I have begun the process, having done the initial exam with a local HIMS AME and received the initial letter requesting the initial reports and records laid out in the Initial SSRI Certification Aid. I have everything gathered except the neuropsychologist evaluation (waiting on the FAA to provide the records to him to schedule the evaluation). My psychiatrist, who is board certified and who I have worked with for over 11 years, has provided a positive report, though it will likely need some edits to include some of the key phrases the FAA may want to see. It may be good to have a second set of eyes look everything over to ensure that everything is presented in the best possible light. At this point, a decision is going to be rendered whatever I do. I have resolved to see it through, even if the odds are long.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back