President Trump Came to See Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowflynjack

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Fleetwood
Well, sort of. He visited my factory today because we're building the new generation of Mac Pro in Austin. We built 100% of the last generation Mac Pro and we're excited to continue the relationship with Apple and keep a lot of people working.

It doesn't matter what you political views are, this was very exciting for a lot of people to see the POTUS in our place of work. Some great people got to talk to him and shake his hand.

I got to spend time with the Secret Service and FBI, which was a whole new kind of fun!

apple-mac-pro-tim-cook-donald-trump-texas-manufacturing-getty-640x480.jpg

0cef1c10-6341-4919-8942-cb69d09877d9-XXX_jwj_Trump_00731.JPG

thumbnail.jpg

I saw him in the Secdef hallway of the Pentagon once. That was pretty cool, didn’t get a pic though for obvious reasons.

Look, it’s Tim Apple !!!

my last Mac Pro met an untimely end, miss it

That’s awesome!! I watched it on CNBC this afternoon. Great stuff!

That's exciting. I'm a big-time Apple customer.

Rush Limbaugh talks about Apple products all the time on his radio program. He also gives a bunch of Apple products to callers during the holiday season.

I'm pretty sure that Apple isn't very excited about his enthusiasm for their product either.

Everyone needs to lighten up a bit. We're all fellow American regardless of our political stand.

Politics aside I think it would be really cool and honorable to meet any sitting or former POTUS.. you are meeting arguably one of the single most important and influential persons

Plus, disagree with their policies, there's something honorable about still showing respect

Why is this in Flight Following?? Sure doesn't have anything to do with flying airplanes.

Well, sort of. He visited my factory today because we're building the new generation of Mac Pro in Austin. We built 100% of the last generation Mac Pro and we're excited to continue the relationship with Apple and keep a lot of people working.

It doesn't matter what you political views are, this was very exciting for a lot of people to see the POTUS in our place of work. Some great people got to talk to him and shake his hand.

I got to spend time with the Secret Service and FBI, which was a whole new kind of fun!

apple-mac-pro-tim-cook-donald-trump-texas-manufacturing-getty-640x480.jpg

0cef1c10-6341-4919-8942-cb69d09877d9-XXX_jwj_Trump_00731.JPG

thumbnail.jpg
Wow, very cool. Did you take the pics?

Why is this in Flight Following?? Sure doesn't have anything to do with flying airplanes.
Yep, I messed up. I also should have known it would turn political.

The way I see it, the President if the United States came to my workplace and I think that’s pretty cool. I didn’t meet the man by my choice, but I’m still honored that he visited.

Last edited:
Yep, I messed up. I also should have known I would turn political. The way I see it, the President if the United States came to my workplace and I think that’s pretty cool. I didn’t meet the man by my choice, but I’m still honored that he visited.
I've been using Apple computers since 1980. I like them. I'm proud and glad we're building them in the US. I have issues with people in power, but you guys rock! Keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.

I'm glad you are happy about it. Too bad you didn't get to meet him.

I have a 2017 MacBook Pro. Customer required it for the ease of deploying virtuals on Parallels. Hate the thing. Expensive, doesn't balance well, sharp edges, clicky keyboard and the touchpad has a texture that makes my fingers hurt.
I would tell the president. Maybe he could call the president of apple and fix that kind of thing.

That’s pretty cool! I had no idea MacBooks were made in America. I still have a 2006 model that I still use. Never had any issues with it!

It always seems to me like Apple products are built well; congratulations on the recognition - it's heartening to see US-based manufacturing succeeding, something we have at times been told was impossible to maintain.

We're pretty excited that Stanley-B&D are building a new tool plant in Fort Worth for the Craftsman line - very happy that they are investing in the brand, after years of the KMart team cheapening and destroying it.

Some on the MC feel that the community is mature enough to have a non-political discussion regarding this thread. Several that have crossed the line have been warned with their posts deleted.

We would like to open this thread back up. Any further political comments will receive IMMEDIATE temporary bans, this post IS your warning in this thread.

I'm reminded of a "West Wing" episode where one of the reporters sat down when all others were standing during an inpromptu "flash mob press conference" in the White House hallway. Martin Sheen (POTUS) was furious and his remark (and my memory is probably fuzzy) something like "you will respect the house and the position, regardless of your opinion of me"

Wish I could find the real quote...

Aaron Sorkin for President.

That’s pretty cool! I had no idea MacBooks were made in America. I still have a 2006 model that I still use. Never had any issues with it!
MacBooks are not made in the US. We make the MacPro, which is the desktop computer. Very expensive.

MacBooks are not made in the US. We make the MacPro, which is the desktop computer. Very expensive.
It seems like most manufacturing to do with high-end products is best left in the US. I work for a company that makes the highest-end kitchen appliances and it's absolutely worthwhile to have it in the US to control the quality, even though its more expensive. Automation also helps to offset the cost of bringing things into the US.

^it's remarkably offensive to equate anyting about US politics to the atrocities committed by the Nazi regime, especially offensive to survivors and families of survivors

My family lived through the Soviet occupation of Hungary and let me tell you.. it's utter insanity to equate any of it to each other

..this also introduces a very dangerous paradigm and slippery slope if people can individually decide who and what deserves honor and respect based on whatever their own values and belief system is.. that leads to anarchy and disorder. We have a system of checks and balances, if 'your guy' didn't win there are reasonable and adult ways to handle that. Showing respect and honor will always make you the better person..

you can sure as hell believe that President Obama and President Bush do not agree with President Trump on just about anything, but when you see them together President Obama always carries himself with honor..

Well we tried. Many posters complain about over moderation, but this thread is proof (and many of the deleted posts) that members here can't have a civil discussion without instantly posting inflammatory responses to degrade the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back