KSAT Citations collide

"According to Flight Aware, that aircraft was parked at the time."

Flight Aware knows when aircraft are parked???

"One of the Cessnas had been parked since Nov. 5 while another needed to make an emergency landing because of a fuel leak"
Apparently a fuel leak can cause LoC upon landing.

Wow. Someone gonna have some splain’ to do. Busy place like that will have a security camera pick that up

When you get your pilot's license from a Cracker Jack Box, this is the result.

What makes you say that’s the case?
When an idiot hits a parked plane, where planes are meant to be parked, that "pilot" and I use the term loosely, is so incompetent, he may as well have got his license from a Cracker Jack box. Pilot friends, and myself, we call people who are that terrible at flying Cracker Jack box pilots.

When an idiot hits a parked plane, where planes are meant to be parked, that "pilot" and I use the term loosely, is so incompetent, he may as well have got his license from a Cracker Jack box. Pilot friends, and myself, we call people who are that terrible at flying Cracker Jack box pilots.
I'm sure you're right General Yeager.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo (XT1952DL) using Tapatalk

Hey, they are human beings, and human beings make mistakes. Don’t think it won’t ever happen to you.

Oh. So you’re just making stuff up. Cool. Thanks for clearing that up.

I stand by what I said 100%.
Whoever it was, should burn their license.
It is the same thing if a driver hits a parked car in a parking lot. Except that this is far less excusable.
I would burn my own license if it had been me.
The ramp is no place for screwing around!

And you are getting that information from the posted report? Or do you have better information?

"According to Flight Aware, that aircraft was parked at the time."

Flight Aware knows when aircraft are parked???
Fligtradar24 sure does, they know who is on the ground at each airport.

There is a guy who just moved to town, he's bought like 6-8 major propoerties in our fair city of about 4,000. Needless to say he's made a splash. He's into flying and I happened to meet him this summer, and we spent hours talking flying. Very intelligent and interesting guy. We've since had dinner a few times. He's had a colorful past, much of which found its way into the newspaper where he used to live. People ask me about him and they always say, "have you googled him?" To which I always respond, "Yes, and boy am I glad some of the stuff I've done has never made it into the paper."

The older I get, the less judgmental I am.

Fuel leak ... say that it wets only one side main gear and brake with kerosene. Still in for the 'incompetent' thing?

Our colleague from the north expresses an all too common sentiment among many pilots, ie; that most accidents tend to be the result of stupidity, carelessness, blatant disregard, etc. It seems to be a coping mechanism inasmuch as, "that will never happen to me--he was an idiot". Sad part is that this sentiment has been going on for nearly 100 years.
Lindbergh.jpg

Our colleague from the north expresses an all too common sentiment among many pilots, ie; that most accidents tend to be the result of stupidity, carelessness, blatant disregard, etc. It seems to be a coping mechanism inasmuch as, "that will never happen to me--he was an idiot". Sad part is that this sentiment has been going on for nearly 100 years.
View attachment 79826

It’s natural for most people to say “not me, that pilot was stupid” because it means they don’t have to evaluate their own performance and judgment. Getting past that bad habit is really important to allow us to be the best airman we can be...

It’s natural for most people to say “not me, that pilot was stupid” because it means they don’t have to evaluate their own performance and judgment.

Or face up to the fact that it can happen to them.

So then all I can do is repeat what I already said.
If I get to where my skill level deteriorates so much, that I hit a parked plane, no government official will need to decide if I continue to be a pilot or not, because I'll voluntarily stop, and never fly again.
And someone earlier asked me if I would consider the possible fuel leak as an excuse. No, I would not.
Flying into an airport with GIANT runways in a jet engine plane where they have reverse thrust, who cares if the brakes are not working great. Reverse thrust, and when stopped shut down right where you are, let a tug pull it undamaged to the ramp...that is perfectly acceptable. Heck if it had even rolled off the end of the runway a few feet and the nose gear was stuck in the mud, okay fine crap happens. Going onto the ramp area still moving like a bat out of hell, and ramming another plane so hard you mount it like you're hoping they will breed, is NOT acceptable of what supposedly should be a professional pilot. This isn't some 18 year old student, who has 6 hours, and screwed up on his first solo. If it was some teenager doing their first solo in a jet with 6 hours, then I would be a little more lenient...and also ask where they got the money to buy a jet for their first plane to get a license in. Great job you rich little entrepreneur you ;)

Could it have been on the Citation Service Center ramp? Possibly mtc running an airplane that got away?

This is the story I heard. Two aircraft of many at the service center, one of them was parked. "Accidental thrust" is what I assume to be a MX guy error, not a pro pilot.

This is the story I heard. Two aircraft of many at the service center, one of them was parked. "Accidental thrust" is what I assume to be a MX guy error, not a pro pilot.
Sounds about right, although being in aviation claims, I've seen it both ways- pilots in PC-12s and Caravans taxiing into other planes because their heads were down, and mechs. applying thrust and sending jets into walls, ditches, planes. Humans are fallible.

Rumor is that it was a owner pilot that did some pretty dumb things, including parking the airplane on the service center ramp with both engines running, and getting out to go find a mechanic.

Wasn't it originally reported, as a pilot who was landing, screwed up?
If it was a maintenance person, hopefully they will never work on another plane again.

If it was a maintenance person, hopefully they will never work on another plane again.
The tone of your posts makes you sound really inexperienced and judgmental.

hopefully it’s just a misconception due to the communication method.

no, it was originally reported by non-aviation media that two planes collided on the runway.

I listened to SAT tower on live ATC. The landing plane checked in and was cleared to land. The next thing you hear, few minutes later, is tower give taxi instructions to the landing plane to the citation service center. Then a few minutes later you hear them give the Unicom frequency. Then, in another minute or two they give a phone number. No discussion of fuel leak or emergency. (Live atc does not pickup the landing plane)

FWIW, the plane that just landed is the one on bottom.

how both planes wound up in the grass is puzzling.

lots of speculation about facts not in evidence. All we have are a photo, FlightAware, and live ATC.

I thought Canadians are supposed to be nice.

The tone of your posts makes you sound really inexperienced and judgmental.

hopefully it’s just a misconception due to the communication method.

What I am is a person who has grown tired of people screwing up royally, and then not accepting the blame, but always trying to pass the buck.

'Gee ya Bob over in accounting drank the last of the coffee so I couldn't get the project completed on time'.

'Mary from the copy room needed a few minutes to change the toner, so I didn't get it done although it was given to me four hours ago'. ...as told to me last week by someone who I gave a 15 minute photocopy job to, and said I need this ASAP.

'I crashed the airplane because it was windy'. ...I actually heard this with my own ears from the pilot who crashed.

'A snowflake fell so I slammed the car into the ditch'.

'Samantha didn't compliment me on my new shirt, so i got depressed and couldn't work'.

'My wife is divorcing me so I got really drunk, tried to drive, ran the red light killing your wife and daughter '. ...that one was actually told to me by the person who ended the lives of my wife and daughter.

Excuses don't mean anything to me, its time people took responsibility for their own actions.
When a pilot crashes a plane, for anything other than extreme structural failure, the prop falling off, or the engine(s) grenading due to conditions out of their control, it is ALWAYS THE PILOTS FAULT!

Don't blame wind, if you can't handle the wind at a certain airport because you lack the skills required, go somewhere else.
If you hit a parked plane, there is zero excuse for doing so, unless the Incredible Hulk himself picked the aircraft up and threw it at the other one.

Alcoholics always have a reason for why they drink, people have an excuse for ditching their car, pilots for crashing, and the list goes on and on...
I say BS, if someone screws up its 100% on them.

The reason I have a brand new pickup, to replace the only 2 year old one that I was happy with, is because I was rear ended while stopped at a red light, and pushed ahead into the semi truck in front of me. Her excuse was that the road was slippery...BS because the semi truck and I both stopped just fine on the exact same road. But that was her excuse instead of just admitting she sucks at driving!

So am I tired of excuses, for actually just being incompetent, hell yes I am.

OK....but just remember.... when it comes to flying. You will make mistakes. The possibilities are endless. You can only hope that everyone walks away.

OK....but just remember.... when it comes to flying. You will make mistakes. The possibilities are endless. You can only hope that everyone walks away.

Noted!
But if I crash, I'll accept the blame, and stop flying because obviously it isn't for me.

What I am is a person who has grown tired of people screwing up royally, and then not accepting the blame, but always trying to pass the buck.

'Gee ya Bob over in accounting drank the last of the coffee so I couldn't get the project completed on time'.

'Mary from the copy room needed a few minutes to change the toner, so I didn't get it done although it was given to me four hours ago'. ...as told to me last week by someone who I gave a 15 minute photocopy job to, and said I need this ASAP.

'I crashed the airplane because it was windy'. ...I actually heard this with my own ears from the pilot who crashed.

'A snowflake fell so I slammed the car into the ditch'.

'Samantha didn't compliment me on my new shirt, so i got depressed and couldn't work'.

'My wife is divorcing me so I got really drunk, tried to drive, ran the red light killing your wife and daughter '. ...that one was actually told to me by the person who ended the lives of my wife and daughter.

Excuses don't mean anything to me, its time people took responsibility for their own actions.
When a pilot crashes a plane, for anything other than extreme structural failure, the prop falling off, or the engine(s) grenading due to conditions out of their control, it is ALWAYS THE PILOTS FAULT!

Don't blame wind, if you can't handle the wind at a certain airport because you lack the skills required, go somewhere else.
If you hit a parked plane, there is zero excuse for doing so, unless the Incredible Hulk himself picked the aircraft up and threw it at the other one.

Alcoholics always have a reason for why they drink, people have an excuse for ditching their car, pilots for crashing, and the list goes on and on...
I say BS, if someone screws up its 100% on them.

The reason I have a brand new pickup, to replace the only 2 year old one that I was happy with, is because I was rear ended while stopped at a red light, and pushed ahead into the semi truck in front of me. Her excuse was that the road was slippery...BS because the semi truck and I both stopped just fine on the exact same road. But that was her excuse instead of just admitting she sucks at driving!

So am I tired of excuses, for actually just being incompetent, hell yes I am.
So very judgmental. Cool. At least I know now.

Back