iPad Pro 11"

ktup-flyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ktup-flyer
Anyone have one yoke mounted? I'm looking at buying one and I'm trying to get an idea of it will be too big or not in the 182. I guess I could always mount it to the left of the panel if it doesn't work on the yoke.

Anyone have one yoke mounted? I'm looking at buying one and I'm trying to get an idea of it will be too big or not in the 182. I guess I could always mount it to the left of the panel if it doesn't work on the yoke.
I do the 10.5" Pro on a horizontal mount from www.ipadyokemounts.com in a 1975 182P and it works fine.

But when I tired it in a 172I, it wasn't as good of a fit. This is a school rental that has a narrower yoke and the PTT mounted on a small bit of metal between the center pad and the upright grip. The mounted iPad caused noted interference with ability to use the PTT with my thumb and as well as a bit of difficulty for "big deflections" as I practice the commercial pilot maneuvers.

My suggestion is, before purchase, find the dimensions of the iPad and any case you might use. Then make a cardboard template and mockup of how you would place it in your aircraft. Go for a flight or three to make sure there are no problems with your setup.

If all is good, go buy the iPad and have fun with it!

New I pad 7 is 10.2 new I pad air is 10.5 looks good work good but it is a face full but that what I got visability good

Who on earth needs an 11” iPad mounted to their yoke? If you’re going to use something that small, you might as well mount a 35” iPad to the yoke! Go big or go home!

Who on earth needs an 11” iPad mounted to their yoke? If you’re going to use something that small, you might as well mount a 35” iPad to the yoke! Go big or go home!
It’s the same size as the regular iPad. I could also mount it on the left/right side of the windshield, on the seat rails, center console, glareshield, etc

Its good... I have the Pro 10.5 which is the same size as the 11 basically. I had it on the yolk in my 172.
I have it in the center of the yolk in my Bonanza.
After using it I tried my ipad mini and it was to small....
Get the pro! The regualar ipad sucks for aviation. The pro has a awesome antiglare screen.

In my 182 the 10.5 was to big for the yoke... But worked elsewhere in the panel. It did fit, but was unwieldy and I realized that looking down that far took my eyes from the horizon.

I suppose I could take a Picture of my lap to show you my iPad mount. I’ve been flying with it in a cheap rubber slip on cover in my lap for almost ten years and it works great.

That doesn’t look like enough LCD space. Couldn’t you fit some more in somewhere?

Absolutely! I've got a clip on phone mount that attaches to the lip of the glareshield. Can also make angle attachments on the left and right windshield posts.
Seriously though, I do not fly with the ipads on the visors, I was just testing out if they'd be useful there, mostly superfluous. Point is that there is a lot more space available to us for add ons if we use a little initiative.

Back