Would like to take my kids up in a small aircraft

Michael Jay Sandborn

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Michael
Hello and good morning! This is a long stretch, but I am looking for a pilot of a small aircraft to be able to take my two younger kids (11 &13) plus myself up for a plane ride for them to start getting them hooked on flying at a young age like I did. I will be more than happy to cover all expenses I can while keeping you within FAR guidelines. My preferred airport would be KSNA. Thank you, Michael

Hello and good morning! This is a long stretch, but I am looking for a pilot of a small aircraft to be able to take my two younger kids (11 &13) plus myself up for a plane ride for them to start getting them hooked on flying at a young age like I did. I will be more than happy to cover all expenses I can while keeping you within FAR guidelines. My preferred airport would be KSNA. Thank you, Michael

Michael, if you can go to Torrance (KTOA), the The Aircraft Factory has their own flight school (Sling Flight Academy) and I believe they have a Sing 4 that is part of their rental fleet. You can probably get one of their pilots to take you guys up on an introductory flight (for a fee of course.)

Alternatively, KSNA has flight schools that can take your family up in their 172s, KFUL has Fun Outside Aviation (Garrett is the owner) or AFI that you could probably have the same introductory flight experience with.

Why would you ask this in a pilot forum instead of just walking into Sunrise Aviation and going flying?

That seems like a rather sick and depraved thing to do to an innocent kid. :)

But, if you're determined, rather than finding someone else to take them up, why not demonstrate to them how simple it is to become a pilot by getting your license, buying a plane, and flying with them regularly?

Find a local EAA chapter that does Young Eagle flights. Look at the YoungEaglesDay.org website.

Because asking it on a model railroad forum would probably have less success. :D

If he were local I'd take him and his kids up without a second thought.

I was thinking the same thing, if he lived nearby I would have said drive up to my house, and lets do it. This summer I took three groups of strangers flying, simply because they wanted to go. But as others correctly mentioned already, if you can't find someone willing to do it in their personal plane, almost all flight schools, or small charter companies are more than happy to take your family up for a ride.

Back