Air Wagner..... He’s baaaaackk.

If he’s a troll, then he’s a really stupid one to post vids of FAR violations.

Ugh...I just watched an different video from that guy. Wants to keep his approach slow because of the weather...until he finds out there is a Medivac that needs priority behind him. So do you choose to accept a delay vector and fly the approach at a comfortable speed. Or do you choose to push it so you make sure you get it before that Medivac? Punch it, of course. What a d-bag.

What I find amazing is the crazy supportive posts from people. He disabled them for awhile and took down some of the crazier vids.

Planes are moving parts. Who knew?

Um.... low time private pilot here... is this.... normal?

turned it off after the handoff to departure. Even my radio calls are more professional (tower to departure then to flight following in the dc sfra). So much chit chat and clogged up frequency

yikes. And when the guy jokes - always good to do this on the roll.... wow.

Um.... low time private pilot here... is this.... normal?

turned it off after the handoff to departure. Even my radio calls are more professional (tower to departure then to flight following in the dc sfra). So much chit chat and clogged up frequency

yikes. And when the guy jokes - always good to do this on the roll.... wow.
Lol. Not normal!!!
Complete Jabroni.
Watching his vids is a great way to learn how to be distracted, Deal with ATC unprofessionally, and overall act in an unsafe manner most of the time.
Although I did read somewhere that he apparently is a good stick and rudder guy in VMC.

This video is a turkey (and so is he), but reading the comments on a random selection of his other videos indicates lots of people love the guy and his flying.

I just watched the first five minutes and couldn't take anymore. I'm a not-quite 200 hour VFR pilot, and my wife's flown with me for maybe 20 of those hours. She is not a pilot, has no interest in becoming one, and won't even touch the yoke...her only GA experience has been in our plane with me, and I'm FAR from an expert, experienced pilot. SHE was aghast at this guy's incompetence, and told me to turn off the video.

I just watched the first five minutes and couldn't take anymore. I'm a not-quite 200 hour VFR pilot, and my wife's flown with me for maybe 20 of those hours. She is not a pilot, has no interest in becoming one, and won't even touch the yoke...her only GA experience has been in our plane with me, and I'm FAR from an expert, experienced pilot. SHE was aghast at this guy's incompetence, and told me to turn off the video.

Plus he has a face you just want to cave in. Take your rapestache elsewhere man!

Once again you live up to your avatar. There's plenty of legitimate things to criticize him about, getting personal just makes you look bad.
That's why I said "plus" as in "in addition to"

I stopped the video just as soon as I saw that the PIC wasn't wearing his shoulder harness... 91.107 SMH
I didn't notice, but you're right. He's sitting on the harness.

I stopped the video just as soon as I saw that the PIC wasn't wearing his shoulder harness... 91.107 SMH

I didn’t catch that but I didn’t make it more than a minute into the video before I couldn’t stand it anymore. The reason I quoted you was that you used the acronym PIC. I don’t think either of them had the situation under control from what I saw!

I didn’t catch that but I didn’t make it more than a minute into the video before I couldn’t stand it anymore. The reason I quoted you was that you used the acronym PIC. I don’t think either of them had the situation under control from what I saw!
I don't think either of them were acting as PIC on that flight.

I ignore this regulation all the time (taxiing to gas pumps). There is one problem with certain aircraft and shoulder harnesses, however. If they aren't inertial reel belts and secured as designed, it is impossible to reach some critical controls. In these cases I skip wearing the shoulder harnesses.

Couldn't he just file an ASRS after every flight?

That would be the smart thing to do. Each report would have to have a blanket statement of “Went flying today, not totally sure of what FARs I violated but since I flew, there’s a good chance of at least one violation.”

For the record, I didn’t even bother watching this latest vid. I’m sure he has no official CRM training, so the cockpit interaction was probably a train wreck. Having watched several of his previous vids and witnessed 91.119, 91.155 and most likely 91.13 violations, he really just needs to stop posting. The one thing that worries me most is not his blatant disregard for regs but his lack of awareness. He’s shown in the past that he has problems keeping up with the aircraft and at his age, it ain’t gonna get any better.

My favorite part: “what speed do you rotate this thing?” “Oh, when it feels like it’s ready to fly”

And the guy who said that is purported to be an ATP lol. We had a guy like that forced re-assigned to us in my old squadron. Literally, spoke those very words during an EP sim. Yup, he got drummed out of AF flying a year later, couldn't make it through training. He's now an Allegiant CA, so caveat emptor. :D

My favorite part: “what speed do you rotate this thing?” “Oh, when it feels like it’s ready to fly”

I took off in a C-207 one time, climbed to cruise altitude (1500AGL) and set cruise, then looked at the A/S and it was on ''0''...:lol::lol:

I used to take my students on a flight with the A/S covered, take off, around the pattern, then land.

Pretty much every small plane I have flown has let me know when it is ready to fly.

But I have never flown a PC-12, so I don't know how that one feels when it is ready to rotate.

I took off in a C-207 one time, climbed to cruise altitude (1500AGL) and set cruise, then looked at the A/S and it was on ''0''...:lol::lol:

I used to take my students on a flight with the A/S covered, take off, around the pattern, then land.

Pretty much every small plane I have flown has let me know when it is ready to fly.

But I have never flown a PC-12, so I don't know how that one feels when it is ready to rotate.

Yes, the CG shift range of light piston aircraft are not significant enough that rotation airspeed computations are important. That's why they're mostly published at gross and technically most people are always flying fast for their real instantaneous weight. Which is another way of saying, yes I can jump on anything on the ramp below 6000 pounds with a tricycle gear and any amount of engines and fly them blind. In spite of the constant back and forth here from the tribes, all these cans are, in the aggregate, the same underpowered subsonic planform nothing burgers with traditional longitudinal control behavior, compared to turbine equipment of any kind.

But that's not the point. The point being made I think is that that yahoo had an attitude towards flying equipment with performance than can get you in trouble real quick (high altitude, icing penetration, pressurization) with the nonchalance even his hamburger helper hands could get away with in the former equipment, but not the latter. Now I'm not advocating being nonchalant about piddly underpowered equipment, I'm just making the point that these transitions are often very much negative transfers when it comes to these monied yahoos getting into more capable equipment, and it shows.

In fairness, when they hit the 6596 ft tall cumulo-granite peaks at 6000, the shoulder harness won't make a bit of difference. Just wait. Once you get to his level, you too will be able to tell which short cuts you can take without increasing your actual risk.

In fairness, when they hit the 6596 ft tall cumulo-granite peaks at 6000, the shoulder harness won't make a bit of difference. Just wait. Once you get to his level, you too will be able to tell which short cuts you can take without increasing your actual risk.

They must have the "enable clipping" selected or often fly in slew mode.

I do standard soft-field in everything I fly. Nosewheel comes off the ground pretty quick and it flies off nice and smooth. It’s a great airplane if you get the chance to fly one, definitely my favorite airplane I’ve flown so far.

And the video is private again.... :rolleyes:

I just hope this guy stays on the west coast. I don't ever want to run into the pattern with this dude. :eek: I feel bad for you guys out there that run the risk of "running" into this piece of art.....

I'd like to know what CFI/II gives this guy his FR every two years. Has to be someone that has blinders on or he is a really great internet troll that someone mentioned already.

Brian

And the video is private again.... :rolleyes:
He's done that before when the video has been particularly egregious. At one point he removed all of his videos and then re-added a selected group. My all-time favorite is one of the "lost episodes." It's kind of reminiscent of the Pilatus one in that it has to do with not understanding a chart. In that one, he and his wife were heading home from Disney. Departing KFUL, he gets the ANAHEIM SID. Takes off and receives and instruction to "join Victor 8," at which point he says, "Well I don't need this anymore," and tosses the plate book (still using paper at the time) in the back seat. When ATC asks why he didn't turn at POXKU, Athe controller quickly realizes what he's dealing with and gives Jerry turn-by-turn instructions along the SID. Somewhere in the middle, Jerry helpfully offers to cut straight across the LAX approach corridor using his handheld GPS.

Sadly, when I first came across Jerry I had just missed the first really bad ILS into OAK, but there were plenty more to come. In the one which introduced me to him, he does right traffic when he gets back to his home base, AUN. When called on the carpet by the comments, he insists the left turn in the traffic pattern rule is only a suggestion. Pointed to 91.126, etc, he counters by saying "When approaching to land at an airport without an operating control tower" means it only applies to a towered airport when the tower was closed (not "operating"), not to an airport which doesn't have a control tower to begin with.

Back