Joined the League of Temporary Airmen today!

Jim K

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Richard Digits
Today was the day! Weather was marginal but we got it done! 4 hours later and I'm still keyed up lol.

Just got a copy of "16 Right" from Amazon... think I'm going to kick back and watch it with the family to unwind.

KIMG0420.JPG

Congratulations!

Private, Instrument or what?

Congrats. Looks like juuuust enough ceiling to get it done?

Private

Officially ceiling was 2700.... it was impossible to tell where the haze stopped and the clouds started

Hopefully the airman isn't temporary, just the certificate.

Congrats! Now get out there and fly

So which one is Jim and which is Denny? Congrats whoever you are! (I'm guessing the one on the left with the bigger grin?)

Congratulations! Why are you typing on the internet when you could be out flying? :D

I was so exhausted from nerves after we landed I wasn't sure I'd make it into the fbo lol. I knew I passed because he never said I failed anything.... but I still couldn't breathe until he handed me the certificate. He never explicitly told me I passed.

As most people say, he made some great points taught me some things. I felt like it was my worst flight in weeks. One of my instructors said guys lose 70 IQ points on a checkride....Accurate.

Taking the wife for a $200 hamburger tomorrow.

Congratulations, I've got my checkride coming in a few weeks and I hope the weather holds out enough for me to continue practicing and my nerves stay calm during the oral and flight.

How was the oral exam? Going to do a write up? I would be interested in reading it. I have my check ride coming up soon as well.

Congrats!!! Awesome!!
Where you at with the white stuff around. We’ve had some of that recently. Sucks !!

Woooot wooooooot! Congrats!

Fly out of Willard in Champaign Illinois. Not normal to have snow on the ground this early, we just had a nasty week. We did our last couple practice flights and the ramp was covered in ice. O-360s don't like to start when it's 10 degrees F, but we coaxed her to life.

It was right at freezing on checkride day, so it seemed warm in comparison. Today was a perfect flying day; got to about 45 F, so I took my wife to lunch at MTO. It was awesome going wherever I wanted without asking permission. Freedom!

Today was a perfect flying day; got to about 45 F, so I took my wife to lunch at MTO. It was awesome going wherever I wanted without asking permission. Freedom
I remember that day in my life, earning my PPL, back in 1996. I made a few mistakes during the check ride but not bad enough to bust it.

Congrats, be safe and have fun..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats! You'll remember this day always! Now go bore some holes in the sky (when the ceilings allow!)

Best day EVER!!! Congrats!!!

Hello from another Illinoisan! Good for you man, so happy for ya!

Yes guys, that white stuff is called snow. It's truly an evil presence. It's Satan boogers, and this year, the Devil sneezed early.

Back