Ideal Flying Video?

She’s hot. Once you listen to the video, though, at least for me, your perception changes. I think she’s a controller at Chicago Tracon. She knows her stuff and is professional.

Just my $0.02. Shes hot. I watch to hear how they talk on the radio and to see how they plan flights and where they go . . . and deal with the occasional “I have to pee!” from the back seat when they just hit their cruise altitude.

I don’t see that I’ll be able to make real trips by GA before my kids are launched, so I live vicariously a bit. I can’t afford a 310 and with 3 kids a
Cherokee 180 won’t cut it.

Here is 310 Pilots highest viewed video.

Not sure why he picked that frame for his thumbnail
@Jon Weiswasser , as you can see...you will always have people that have issues with your content/channel. Whether you have a hundred views or a million, you will always have people that aren't happy. Just keep doing you and smile off the others. The internet is a massive place and if they truly don't like it, they are free to go elsewhere.

@Groundpounder ,You say my videos/channel is trashy and then you pick one out of my 85 videos to push your point as though this is my SOP. That is simply not the case. We flew from one uncontrolled Bahamian beach airport to another in the summer. She spent almost the entire vacation in a version of a bathing suit. That day she was wearing a bikini top and shorts...I don't understand why that seems so strange considering where we were? I grew up in Georgia and that is how many girls dressed in the summer time. The most common thumbnail is from my rear facing camera of us during the flight...this was no different (although I'm getting bored with that and trying to mix it up a bit when able).

This video has almost the same amount of views in only 3 months and will far exceed the one you posted at its current rate....and he doesn't even have his Paw Patrol bathing suit on.

My channel is a VLOG of OUR general aviation flying. We don't make flights for youtube. I am not sponsored. In my opinion it is a well rounded and accurate depiction of following us along. What you see is what you get. I won't apologize for occasionally showing my beautiful wife in a bikini that she's wearing organically. That isn't the biggest appeal to her in my videos. People love that she is one of the very few female Air Traffic Controllers at one of the busiest facilities in the world and that with zero flight experience, sounds better than most GA pilots on the mic. She smart, personable and funny to go with her good looks and I understand that just isn't for everybody.

Stay tuned for next weeks video...Jaime washes my plane in a string bikini with sponges on her jubblies. :p

Last edited:
@Jon Weiswasser , as you can see...you will always have people that have issues with your content/channel. Whether you have a hundred views or a million, you will always have people that aren't happy. Just keep doing you and smile off the others. The internet is a massive place and if they truly don't like it, they are free to go elsewhere.

@Groundpounder ,You say my videos/channel is trashy and then you pick one out of my 85 videos to push your point as though this is my SOP. That is simply not the case. We flew from one uncontrolled Bahamian beach airport to another in the summer. She spent almost the entire vacation in a version of a bathing suit. That day she was wearing a bikini top and shorts...I don't understand why that seems so strange considering where we were? I grew up in Georgia and that is how many girls dressed in the summer time. The most common thumbnail is from my rear facing camera of us during the flight...this was no different (although I'm getting bored with that and trying to mix it up a bit when able).

This video has almost the same amount of views in only 3 months and will far exceed the one you posted at its current rate....and he doesn't even have his Paw Patrol bathing suit on.

My channel is a VLOG of OUR general aviation flying. We don't make flights for youtube. I am not sponsored. In my opinion it is a well rounded and accurate depiction of following us along. What you see is what you get. I won't apologize for occasionally showing my beautiful wife in a bikini that she's wearing organically. That isn't the biggest appeal to her in my videos. People love that she is one of the very few female Air Traffic Controllers at one of the busiest facilities in the world and that with zero flight experience, sounds better than most GA pilots on the mic. She smart, personable and funny to go with her good looks and I understand that just isn't for everybody.

Stay tuned for next weeks video...Jaime washes my plane in a string bikini with sponges on her jubblies. :p

And she sings good when she's drunk too!

Watched the vid you first linked. Would watch another

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Here is 310 Pilots highest viewed video.

Not sure why he picked that frame for his thumbna
Well, to each their own. Personally, I wouldn't put my wife's yabbos on the internet in an effort for clicks, but its a free country. And I'll still watch his videos....haha

The truth is, these are great people. Jaime does happen to be quite a looker, but they are far from trashy. They did a series of vids flying around the Bahamas, and believe it or not, women often wear bikinis in the Bahamas. I'm sure they are aware that her looks are a draw, but as you know, NONE of their vids have anything to do with that, and that she contributes to nearly every flight. If my wife could handle the radios like she does, I'd be in tall cotton. 310 Pilot is a quality contributor on this forum, a good pilot, and they are both as friendly and genuine as they come.

The truth is, these are great people. Jaime does happen to be quite a looker, but they are far from trashy. They did a series of vids flying around the Bahamas, and believe it or not, women often wear bikinis in the Bahamas. I'm sure they are aware that her looks are a draw, but as you know, NONE of their vids have anything to do with that, and that she contributes to nearly every flight. If my wife could handle the radios like she does, I'd be in tall cotton. 310 Pilot is a quality contributor on this forum, a good pilot, and they are both as friendly and genuine as they come.
Well put my friend, and another reason POA would be a much better community if people actually used their aircraft, or in my case low flying RV, to reach out and meet others on POA. Having met, talked to, sung with and had dinner with Jaime and Kevin, they are a top notch couple. Trashy is a word I would never associate with them. Same with you and Cici, quality people I am blessed to know.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Another addition:
LIFL episode 6 to Quonset State, RI KOQU for an Eaglemania show in Providence. Thunderstorm avoidance on the way up using the radar and VFR on the way back. Short but sweet. Subscribe if you like. Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!

What would you consider to be the IDEAL flying video? What kind of content other than the actual flying and piloting part of the process matters most to you? Would you want to see the planning part or is that boring? Is 20-30 minutes too long?

Jon,

I enjoy your videos, great job with the production and flying ops.

For flying videos I really like the in cockpit time with ATC, I’m not big on music. You do a nice mix with the band and the planning too.

My videos are pretty basic, as I am learning more about editing each day. As far as the ideal what people want to see video, who knows. I do the videos for my review of ops and radio work. What I have on you tube is for our review of flights and places we visited. I really enjoy doing a blog of our trips that is more in depth about the locations.

Good luck finding that magic mix! I appreciate the time you take to share you flights.

I also follow 310Pilot, love the flight ops and that his bride participates. My bride won’t even touch the controls or the mic.

Jon,

I enjoy your videos, great job with the production and flying ops.

For flying videos I really like the in cockpit time with ATC, I’m not big on music. You do a nice mix with the band and the planning too.

My videos are pretty basic, as I am learning more about editing each day. As far as the ideal what people want to see video, who knows. I do the videos for my review of ops and radio work. What I have on you tube is for our review of flights and places we visited. I really enjoy doing a blog of our trips that is more in depth about the locations.

Good luck finding that magic mix! I appreciate the time you take to share you flights.

I also follow 310Pilot, love the flight ops and that his bride participates. My bride won’t even touch the controls or the mic.

Gary - Thanks for reaching out. Yeah - the editing is a steep learning curve that I am definitely on. And thanks re the mix...always a tough balance as the 'flying' crowd and the 'music' crowd don't always intersect as far as tastes and interests. It's funny - I promote my channel on the Eaglemania side as more of a documentary on the band and I get some of the same grief from them. It's the old adage about pleasing people.

310Pilot is great. My wife sits in the back as well, so I feel your pain.

Jon

After six years of making flying videos, the best advice I can give anyone wanting to start is this: make the videos that you enjoy making.

How each new video is received by the YouTube community is completely unpredictable. Some of the work I am most proud of did very poorly, and a few others which I thought would be flops ended up being great successes (relatively speaking). But even the great YouTube successes don't make us rich. Therefore: do what's fun!

- Martin

Back