Fulton FTY vs Dekalb PDK Atlanta

Scott@KTYR

Pattern Altitude
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Scott@KTYR
I need some advice on which airport to use. My daughter is in the buckhead district of Atlanta on business for the next 5 days and I my need to go pick her up because of a family emergency. Is one airport easier to get in and out quickly? I will be coming from the west so Fulton is closer.

PDK is quite busy but closer to Buckhead. Beware of the VIP TFR for Friday

I have used both without any problems or delays. FTY is not as busy, if its closer that's the one I would go with.

The Prez is coming to Atlanta on Friday. Current TFR timeline show 11:15 - 4:15 pm; that can change. Both FTY and PDK are in the inner circles. FTY is fully in both inner circles; two TFRs on Friday. PDK is in one and too close to the other to risk it.

Six for one, half dozen for the other. I've been based at both.

PDK is probably easier to get to from Buckhead, but only a little. FTY has less flying traffic.

Thanks All for the info.

If you are going on vacation, go to PDK. If you are looking to get in and out, go to FTY. Fulton is more difficult to get to and from the city, and it's in a rougher part of town, but with the volume of traffic at PDK, FTY will probably be easier for a quick turn around. As with most airports, the non-Signature FBO (I cannot remember the name offhand) is generally friendlier to the piston crowd.

Back