AV Fuel Network Issues

Lowflynjack

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Fleetwood
At my home base T74, Taylor TX we've been having issues with the fuel pumps. It says it times out for a network issue. You have to scan your card several times and each time you put in the number of gallons you want, it puts a hold on your card for that amount it it takes several days for the additional charges to fall off. I had three charges of $174 on my card!

Now that I complained to the airport, they say it has nothing to do with them. They said it's an issue all across the country with AV Fuel pumps. I think this is bravo sierra, but thought I would ask. Anyone having issues like this at other airports?

"Network" is a real euphemism. Most of these pumps have stupid modems with autodialers. That's why it takes so long.

I have had this issue last month with a self-serve pump up in Lancaster PA. I got two holds on my credit card. No fuel was dispensed. Ended up calling the fuel truck. I mention it to the FBO which owns both and They acted surprised that there was a problem. I asked for the self-serve price and got a polite smile. Which I knew meant no, not today.

Note that it is your credit card company that issues the "hold." All the pump can do is request an authorization.

What are you worried about? You've got all the best barbecue in Taylor, you don't have to fly anywhere. :D

Sounds like it is an AvFuel issue.

Thank you for contacting us about this issue. I’d just like to clarify, is this network issue occurring at a FuelMaster pump? If so, this is an issue we are aware of. We have engineer’s at the processor working with FuelMaster to find what the issue is with the declining authorizations, forcing pilots to input their information multiple times. This is only happening with FuelMaster pumps, and nowhere else on our network, so we aren’t exactly sure what the cause is. Since they are still working on determining the cause, we unfortunately do not have an estimated timeline for resolution.

They are currently upgrading systems. I was in Morehead KY on Saturday and they were changing the system to a new interface. It works much better than the systems that I would see all over the place. It uses a cellular signal or an FBOs wireless connection. Worked great for me. I was the first one to use that system in Morehead.

If your credit card limit is so small that a little hold from a fuel pump is an issue, ask for an increase to your limit....problem solved.

Back