What?...no flu shot thread this year?

wrbix

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Pilot Lite
Always good for 10 or 12 pages of “discussion”.
<ducking and running>

Can you get them lettuce wrapped?

The flu shot was a non-event. The two shingles shots, on the other hand, were not fun at all.

Rich

The flu shot is just an excuse for the government to inject a tracking chip in your system. The battery only lasts a year.

Last time I got one, I was followed by black SUV's with tinted out windows for six weeks.

The flu shot is just an excuse for the government to inject a tracking chip in your system. The battery only lasts a year.

Last time I got one, I was followed by black SUV's with tinted out windows for six weeks.

....now we’re going!
Time for some N=1 testimonial evidence now.

I declined a flu shot at my last office visit because I didn't want to have to report it and deal with the dumbass ***** at the FAA who doesn't know what the definition of a ****ing cure is.

We got ours a couple weeks ago. Have also had the pneumonia and shingles vaccines. None had adverse reactions.

Trying to cover all the bases - as you get up in years these illnesses can be quite serious, even life threatening.

Wow. Some people here got the flu shot and lived to tell the tale. Simply amazing.

And a certain number of people, mainly the very young and the very old, got infected by someone who chose not to get vaccinated against the flu and served unwittingly as a disease vector.

Especially tragic and ironic when its a family member.

I've had influenza a number of times, but I've never had it during a year that I had a flu shot. But I just discovered on Facebook that Monsanto has begun spiking all the flu vaccines with glyphosate so I decided I better skip it this year. I'd rather get the flu than mesothelioma.

Now we’re rolling.
Knew I could count on y’all.

I prefer the flu shot over the probings I receive when abducted by aliens....

erwnv265miqqe7yrwq3g.jpg

Don’t bother with them, just not worth it from what I’ve seen and read, I get sick about once every 1.5yrs, and it lasts less than a week, and is mildly annoying at worst, figure it’s probably good for your body to get a little sick from time to time.

Now I will get shots and have shots for stuff that will have major morbidity / mortality

I believe in vaccines, obviously, because the Earth is round. But I have never had the flu shot, I'm 33, and to date I don't think I've ever actually had the flu. As long as I'm young and decently healthy I will skip it. My only big trigger with the flu shot is the mass hysteria they push to try and get people to get one.. obviously somebody is getting paid, and from what I've heard they tend to be only so so effective. granted my sample size is tiny but the three or four people have known who had them either ended up getting very sick after or ended up catching the flu a few months later anyway as some different strain

Well, my job requires it so I have no other choice. Always been curious why it’s so controversial though. Besides some rare side effects what’s the big deal about getting one?

A friend told me not to get the 2 Shingles shots because she got sick from them. Well first, no telling if she got sick from the shots or just something she caught elsewhere. Second, the effects of getting Shingles far out weigh the minor side effects of the shots. Sometimes I just don’t understand people’s logic.

I got the flu last year. The legit flu. Not a bad cold and sniffles. Lasted about 7-10 days. Still didn't get a flu shot this year.

If I'm going to die from it, then either 1) God wants me to die (if he/she/it exists) or 2) Nature didn't engineer me to survive past my 40's. And if I don't die from it, and pass it along, well #1 and #2 still applies to whoever wasn't strong enough to fight it off.

I don't think they're good or bad... but they're not for me. I think if you want to get one, get it, if you don't want to, don't.

My sister gets one every year, and at least once a year she gets sick. I have never had a one and I never get sick.

I do drink a lot of orange juice regularly and at the first sign of feeling run down, I drink tons of water and make sure a get a really good nights sleep and by the next day I'm feeling great.

“CDC estimates that influenza was associated with more than 48.8 million illnesses, more than 22.7 million medical visits, 959,000 hospitalizations, and 79,400 deaths during the 2017–2018 influenza season.”

Flue, Pneumonia, and first Singrex dose a couple months ago.

Plus got cataracts removed (Dude! Way Different!)

Don't have to report **** to the FAA.

Ha Ha Ha!

I thought the flu shot was formulated according to a "best guess" at what particular strain may be prevalent every year. It is a crap shoot and doesn't guarantee that one may or may not get the flu. For the 24 years I was in the military, the only time I got any effects of the flu was after the mandatory shot. Since I've retired, I haven't gotten a flu shot and can count on one hand the number of times I've been sick with flu-like symptoms since I retired in 2006.

Don’t bother with them, just not worth it from what I’ve seen and read, I get sick about once every 1.5yrs, and it lasts less than a week, and is mildly annoying at worst, figure it’s probably good for your body to get a little sick from time to time.

Now I will get shots and have shots for stuff that will have major morbidity / mortality

It sounds like you're describing a cold. Influenza can last up to two weeks and is accompanied by high fever and some pretty god-awful symptoms. If it's only mildly annoying, it's not the flu.

Flue, Pneumonia, and first Singrex dose a couple months ago.

Plus got cataracts removed (Dude! Way Different!)

Don't have to report **** to the FAA.

Ha Ha Ha!

I'm pretty sure cataract surgery has to be reported on your medical. I had it, too.

It sounds like you're describing a cold. Influenza can last up to two weeks and is accompanied by high fever and some pretty god-awful symptoms.

Including death for over 79,000 Americans last year. A significant percentage of which would be alive today had they gotten vaccinated. As always, stipulated that at least some of those deaths were among the population that had been vaccinated. Getting vaccinated just improves your odds, is all.

Got the super shingle shot,now they tell me i need a super flue shot do to my senior years.Did get the regular flue shot.

You missed the Black Helicopters.

Cheers

I have read that this latest version of shingles vaccine with two doses does make you feel bad for a couple of days. But it is really effective against shingles, which I have not had but know someone who did and they said it was awful. I got the earlier shot.

I have read that this latest version of shingles vaccine with two doses does make you feel bad for a couple of days. But it is really effective against shingles, which I have not had but know someone who did and they said it was awful. I got the earlier shot.

I got the first of 2 in July. It did make me sick for a couple of days starting the 2nd day after. That's unusual for me with vaccines in general.

Also, I got the flu this year (actually diagnosed by lab results in the Dr's office, not a cold that I called the flu) and I had mostly cold like symptoms and a fever for about 3 days. I did start Tamiflu immediately upon diagnosis.

When the Dr asked if I'd gotten the flu shot I didn't remember. He looked it up and said I hadn't. I gave him permission to gloat.

I have met someone who developed Guillain-Barré syndrome less than a week after she got a flu shot. She was paralyzed for 2 years.

Back