My ADS-B report from FAA?

MountainDude

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
MountainDude
Can anyone tell me if my ADS-B OUT is working properly?
I am a biochemist, and the report does not mean anything to me, but the red colors are concerning.
Thank you.

Attachments

• PAPR_20191024_A0B4EA_412746049.pdf
    200.5 KB · Views: 68
Well, it says "Items high-lighted in red within this report indicate the ADS-B Out system installed on this aircraft failed to meet the corresponding performance requirement as specified in § 91.227". And some of the red boxes show up for things labeled "% Fail" being 7% or 9% of the time or something. So yeah, it looks like the report is meant to induce concern.
Unfortunately, I don't know what NIC or NACp or any of those acronyms mean. (I'm just a physicist.)

I am also concerned, which is why I am posting. Note that we flew pretty low (11,500) over eastern AZ and western NM (middle of nowhere), so I am hoping this has to do with the lack of ground stations, and not my SkyBeacon.

Were there any reported GPS outages/interference testing reported for the time you were flying? The NIC/NACp errors are indicating that you lost position integrity for a period of time, the lack of ground stations wouldn’t cause that. You also had a mode 3a dropout for a while, what transponder do you have? Did you turn it off at any point? If not, you may need to adjust the settings on the sky beacon to be more sensitive to the transponder.

I failed my first PAPR flight. Checked the coverage map and my Stratus said I had a good signal but I failed. Second try I flew near class C airspace at 3500 agl and passed.
You might want to try again in airspace that should have better coverage.
Based on only one flight I question the air to ground adsb coverage maps. I’m going to keep an eye on my flights.

Failed my first one as well and I was onside the mode c, under bravo. After I got the report I looked around and found something that said doing 360 degree turns and other “maneuvers was no longer recommended. Went back up to the same area and just flew around for 30 minutes, shallow turns, minimal altitude changes, and passed.

The mode 3/a drops occur on SkyBeacon when not being interrogated by radar- a known issue. You probably flew out of coverage from a radar. The low percentages of the errors (integrity and accuracy - NIC and NACp) shouldn't be a concern. I don't know about the SkyBeacon adjustment for the air on ground, but limiting taxi speed is sometimes a good fix.

The mode 3/a drops occur on SkyBeacon when not being interrogated by radar- a known issue. You probably flew out of coverage from a radar. The low percentages of the errors (integrity and accuracy - NIC and NACp) shouldn't be a concern. I don't know about the SkyBeacon adjustment for the air on ground, but limiting taxi speed is sometimes a good fix.

Thank you. I hope you are correct. We do drop from radar coverage at 11500 in that area, so I hope that is it.

Back