For Sale 1960 Beechcraft Debonair

Can’t see pictures without a account over there

Upgrading or getting out of the game? Good luck with the sale.

4BE2255A-F459-421D-B361-9C009A1356D7.jpeg Exhaust failed over a 800’ overcast with the wife aboard. She has always been a nervous flyer and this upset her very much. I have been flying a little less and with her not flying anymore just meant it was time.

01A944AB-C2AE-4D72-B8DD-FAFDC1EBCCBA.jpeg Be sure and check out those old exhaust. I thought I was very proactive on maintenance and this was the first time in 650 hours flying the plane that I had a problem.

Engine noise with a nervous flyer aboard is not good, flying over a 800’ overcast when this happens is also not good. I was able to fly approx 30-40 miles to a VFR airport and landed fine. Overnighted a new exhaust and was on my way. Drove the wife to Indianapolis for a commercial flight back home to Florida.

Here she is back home.

I’ll miss her, but it’s time to move on.

View attachment 78980 Be sure and check out those old exhaust. I thought I was very proactive on maintenance and this was the first time in 650 hours flying the plane that I had a problem.

Engine noise with a nervous flyer aboard is not good, flying over a 800’ overcast when this happens is also not good. I was able to fly approx 30-40 miles to a VFR airport and landed fine. Overnighted a new exhaust and was on my way. Drove the wife to Indianapolis for a commercial flight back home to Florida.

Here she is back home.

I’ll miss her, but it’s time to move on.
You'll miss your wife or the plane? Your post wasn't clear ;-)

Well, she does have a nice pension coming in. I am a kept man.

Every guys dream! Being a kept man. I always figured that was the best way to fund an airplane.
Unfortunately it didn't quite work out for me...my wife has horses. Enuf said. :D
As a consolation I'm working on a strategy to become a burden on society as an alternate.

You needed a new mechanic.

source.gif

Back