New Ipad with IOS 13

gacoon

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Gerry
I,ve been using ipad for several years. Replaced old one with a new Ipad Air. Runs good, but has one terribly irritating feature, when accessing forums via depressing link it often opens a small window instead of opening the page. I dont want this to happen ever. When I press/select a link I want to go to that page. Anyway to fix this?

upload_2019-10-25_19-54-40.png

Press and hold any link. You’ll get a pop up menu. The bottom menu item should say “hide link previews”

you will still get a little window, but it will just show you the url, not preload the page

Also can switch to Chrone for a much better browser experience on iOS over Safari. LOL.

And if the forum supports it, Tapatalk for a real app instead of a horrible web UI.

:)

Press and hold any link. You’ll get a pop up menu. The bottom menu item should say “hide link previews”

you will still get a little window, but it will just show you the url, not preload the page
Doesnt work. The picture I sent is an example, I have the “hide link previews” set. I was hoping there was some other setting somewhere.

If it says hide link previews then it is not set, that is the the option to set it. Here’s mine

12A5FE4C-9910-4E16-8742-877D69EA266F.jpeg

Mine is set like yours, still get the behavior shown in first picture. Does not happen all the time, seems related to touch level some how?

Mine is set like yours, still get the behavior shown in first picture. Does not happen all the time, seems related to touch level some how?

If you push harder on the link, that preview will come up. Give it a light tap and it'll load the page in the full window.

Thats not it either, I understand what you are saying. It happens every once in awhile with a light tap. I think I will take this box back to apple store and complain. My old ipad was rock solid and predictable. This one is fast as all get out but the web browser is unpredictable and sometimes does strange things.

Back