North Georgia Avionics Recommendation?

Tim Taylor

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Toolman
Hello All,

The help on finding pre-buys was invaluable. Thanks to you all!

Now I am looking for an avionics shop to do some panel work on my new purchase. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good shop in the north Georgia area?

Hello All,

The help on finding pre-buys was invaluable. Thanks to you all!

Now I am looking for an avionics shop to do some panel work on my new purchase. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good shop in the north Georgia area?

Doug at Avionics West is a nice guy, but he's at McCollum so tends to be spendy. I'd try the guys at Winder (I forget the shop name). I've used both with no complaints.

I’ve had serious avionics work done at a number of shops in Atlanta area. Let us know where you are, and I can make suggestions.
If you’re really in north north Geogia, only choice I know would be Carlas Gann’s place in Lafayette 9A5

We used Gann’s shop for adding the 345 for adsb, they’ve also done some radio and ap troubleshooting to our satisfaction. So far so good.

I’ve had serious avionics work done at a number of shops in Atlanta area. Let us know where you are, and I can make suggestions.
If you’re really in north north Geogia, only choice I know would be Carlas Gann’s place in Lafayette 9A5
Thank you Lance!

I have emailed Carlos and he was quick to respond. I’m based in Gainesville if you have any other recommendations. I have Georgia avionics out of Winder putting a quote together as well.

Not to be pedantic, but it it Carlus Gann. Caught me by surprise too back in the day.

I didn't realize he'd branched out from engine work.

Not to be pedantic, but it it Carlus Gann. Caught me by surprise too back in the day.

I didn't realize he'd branched out from engine work.
Sounds like Carlos has done a lot of good work for people.

Carlus' engine shop is top notch, and probably the best one this side of the Mississippi. Carlus doesn't do a lot of avionics work himself, but he does hand build certain customers engines himself. They are a work of art. He's a super nice guy as well.

I’ve used Georgia Avionics in Winder a few times and they have always been good to me. They did the ADS-B in my 182 along with a new audio panel, on time and on budget. It’s owned now by Aaron Burkhart, he had a shop in Gainesville, that I’ve used as well, good folks.

Back