Flight planning on YouTube

Jon Weiswasser

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
J Weiswasser
All -
Check out the channel Life in the Fast Lane, dedicated to documenting the practical use of GA while touring with a national Eagles tribute. The episodes (there are three with a new one every other week) are designed to show the briefing and decision making process - both on the ground and in flight - as well as the flying and some B roll on the small towns visited around the US.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9CTZjYXYBMCrKLCXdOaMqQ?view_as=subscriber

Jon Weiswasser
P46T/KCDW

I’m already a subscriber. One of the videos must already hit my YouTube feed. Good luck with the channel.

Thank you and I hope you enjoy them. I'm trying to capture the entire planning and decision process for flights where I *have* to be there on time, and keep it overall interesting at the same time. Thanks for subscribing. New one next week.

Flying and Drums... My two favorite things....:goofy: Welcome and keep up the great work.

Flying and Drums... My two favorite things....:goofy: Welcome and keep up the great work.
Lol - me too! Glad you enjoyed. Trying to keep it interesting broadly, so that you responded on the musical side is awesome. Expect a new one every other week.

Great videos! I guess I should have stuck with my drum lessons when I was a kid. Flam Paradiddles were my arch nemesis.

Jon,

Just watched the first one. Absolutely fantastic. Looking forward to more.

Cheers,
Dan

Great videos! I guess I should have stuck with my drum lessons when I was a kid. Flam Paradiddles were my arch nemesis.
Thank you!!! So glad you enjoyed them. And as if I could actually play a flam paradiddle (Believe me, I tried).

Enjoyed the video, especially the music interludes.

Really mundane question. What is the animated notepad you use?

Watched all of your posted videos and really enjoyed them. I like the mix of aviation and the behind the scenes stuff with the band. Your use of GA has a huge risk of "get there itis", but it's obvious you recognize that and allow for alternatives. It would be interesting to hear about some of the occasions where you had to resort to an alternate mode of transportation as well as those when GA does work. Also, love your plane, i'm sure the turbine with FIKI makes a lot of difference in some of the decisions you have to make. I would love to hear your progression of flying experience leading up to where you are now. Keep up the good work!

Watched all of your posted videos and really enjoyed them. I like the mix of aviation and the behind the scenes stuff with the band. Your use of GA has a huge risk of "get there itis", but it's obvious you recognize that and allow for alternatives. It would be interesting to hear about some of the occasions where you had to resort to an alternate mode of transportation as well as those when GA does work. Also, love your plane, i'm sure the turbine with FIKI makes a lot of difference in some of the decisions you have to make. I would love to hear your progression of flying experience leading up to where you are now. Keep up the good work!
Thank you SO much and thanks for reaching out. You've identified EXACTLY why I hope that this Vlog is interesting; I have put myself in a position where I need to be somewhere and I am using a GA airplane to do it. I am very, very fortunate to be flying an airplane that has about as much capability as you can get in the non-turbojet segment, so the trip cancellations have been extremely sparse. I have been making LIFL episodes of every fly-out for the band since I started and at the moment am editing episode 11. In that span of time (which began last March), I have had to cancel only one trip for weather. And yes, I did a segment on it (I think I put it into Ep 8 or 9).

I am committed to vlogging about every fly out date - from the ridiculously VFR ones (like the one that I'm editing now), to the ones where I bail on the flying option and drive. I've even started including short segments on driving versus flying and when the failsafe decision needs to be made as part of the process.

My background is that I got my PPL in 1993 and added a new rating to it every year for about 7 years after that, ending up with CFI, ASEL/S, AMEL. In 2001, I started construction of an RV-8 which I completed in 2004 and flew (and continue to fly) to the present. I purchased the Meridian about two years ago (which felt like a rating in and of itself) and am currently flying about 250-300h/y with it.

THANK YOU for watching and supporting the channel and I hope you continue to enjoy. Feel free to reach out with additional comments.

Jon

I've watched all your episodes so far, they are very well done and I find them entertaining. You need a PC-12 so you can carry the entire band :)

I've watched all your episodes so far, they are very well done and I find them entertaining. You need a PC-12 so you can carry the entire band :)
Right?? I wish.... Thank you for watching and thanks for reaching out. New one every two weeks.

Very, very well done! I'm sure they are a ton of work to make, but thank you for doing so! Great mix of band and aircraft storylines.

Very, very well done! I'm sure they are a ton of work to make, but thank you for doing so! Great mix of band and aircraft storylines.
THANK YOU!!! They are a ton of work, but when I read comments like this they are totally worth it!!

Back