Wanted: Partnership Anyone looking for a partner & a hangar at KHEF (Manassas VA)?

atbroome

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
ATB
Anyone with a 4 seat single engine airplane looking for a partner/ additional club member AND a hangar at Manassas (KHEF)?

I was notified this week that I'm at the front of the hangar list and have 3 more days to let them know if I can take the slot. Unfortunately, my plan was to seriously look for a plane next summer/fall which leaves me currently plane-less and therefore unable to accept the slot.

Even if this doesn't work out, I'd still be interested in possible partnership opportunities. I'm currently thinking 182P or Q, but I'm open to and have also seriously considered Tigers, Cardinals, Dakotas/Cherokees. Maybe even a mid-body Mooney or 4 seat Bonanza/Debonair.

Andrew

Andrew,
Did you ever get your partnership going. I recently placed a similar ad on Craigslist.
R,
Tom

I have a 1/5th share in a A36TC at KHEF that I can sell you. You don't have to put all the seats in if you want to keep it to four seats ;-)

Andrew,
Did you ever get your partnership going. I recently placed a similar ad on Craigslist.
R,
Tom

Nope, I did not (yet) get anything going. The A36TC was gorgeous but too much plane for me currently. I'm still interested in finding some partners for a 4 seat single to be based at Manassas (KHEF). On a tie down to start since I let the hanger go and put myself at he bottom of the list.

I just posted something similar in this section of PoA - looking to maybe start something up with a 182 or Arrow or something similar. Looks like our needs are similar. Do you have any other people interested? Or any aircraft in mind?

Neither at the moment. I've been eyeing Cardinals and Tigers, but I think for a partnership/small club a 182 might be the best option. Also would feel less bad about a 182 siting outside while waiting for a hangar. When I checked about a month ago I was at 50 on the list:eek:

I have narrowed in on a Comanche 250 or 260. Maybe the 235 if the ADs are too risky on the Comanche. I might be up for the 182.
My greatest hesitation to date has been related to finding a trustworthy and reasonable maintenance shop and concerns with outdoor storage.
If this interests you, I would love to discuss options and compatibility.
R,
Tom

Westside? They take care of the one o rent and they seem ok. But I am certainly no expert.

I’m pretty low time at around 100 hours and getting my IR now. Really just looking to get into something more long term that can go a little farther a bit faster than the 172.

PM me or we can use this thread if you want to explore some options. I’m at HEF frequently for IR training if anyone wants to meet up to talk in person too.

Out of curiosity, which school are you getting your IR with?

Not really affiliated with any of the big ones at HEF ( American, aviation adventures). I will shoot you a PM

FYI to anyone watching this thread - I am looking at an Arrow around which I'd like to form a partnership.

I have another thread going on this, but figured I'd post it here if anyone is watching this thread, too. PM me for details.

Back