Anyone in Socal with a RV

will44s

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Notch 8
Realize it's a long shot but was wondering if anyone in the Socal area wants to take me up in there RV*. Figured I'd ask here before making the drive to Oregon. Anyway I'll be in the area for vacation and instrument work first half of Nov.

I don't know any names off the top of my head, but I believe there is a large contingent of RVers in that area. As mentioned, post up on vansairforce and I'm sure you'll get some feedback.

Just curious - what model are you looking at specifically?

Looking to build an Rv8. Was going to do a glasair but recently learned they're unavailable. Then had my sights on a Velocity but decided against it since I have no use for a four place and I don't want to be limited to hard runways.

Was hung up on the RVs because there is no retract option, but I guess compromises will always be made and it checks most of the boxes.

Looking to build an Rv8. Was going to do a glasair but recently learned they're unavailable. Then had my sights on a Velocity but decided against it since I have no use for a four place and I don't want to be limited to hard runways.

Was hung up on the RVs because there is no retract option, but I guess compromises will always be made and it checks most of the boxes.
Seven thousand Cirrus owners aren't hung up on "down and welded" gear, because in a well-designed aircraft, the benefits of retracts are minimal.

RV's are experimental. And there are RVs that have been built retractable.

Get that google button going!

Seven thousand Cirrus owners aren't hung up on "down and welded" gear, because in a well-designed aircraft, the benefits of retracts are minimal.
I like retracts the for the same reason people like black cars, all they do is show the dirt and get scorching hot. It's not rational, just a personal preference.

I'm happy with the Rv7,8 choice. It does 90% what I want and things I never considered in my mission profile which sound fun.

I'm happy with the Rv7,8 choice. It does 90% what I want and things I never considered in my mission profile which sound fun.

They're both good performers. I've flown the RV-7A as far west as Las Vegas, south as San Antonio, north to UP of Michigan, and east to NY and Boston and all over in between. It's a good get-up-and-go as well as putz around the pattern a/c. Good luck with your build!

Back