Tom's up date

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Well, I dont think I will ever forget September 18, 2019. My dad had a stroke that resulted in his speech being impaired. He is doing great physically. But speaking more than a few words has been hard. Still having trouble reading and writing and comprehending. Doctors have pinpointed high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and a urinary tract infection as the main causes of his stroke. His doctor has increased his meds for these and he is trying hard to be patient but gets frustrated a bit when he can't find the words. It will take time to improve and he has appreciated all the thoughts and prayers. Keep them going, they are working. Love you dad! We are in this together!

Lisa

This is so sad. I dont even know Tom but i respected him very much. He put up with so much crap from the idiots on this board, but kept helping those of us who appreciated his wisdom.

I wish Tom and your family well.

I was thinking about your dad the other day while I was driving through Hamden on my way to the recycling center. Please send him my regards and wishes for a full recovery.

Rich

Stay positive, Tom. A friend of mine had something similar happen. He found it helped to type out what he wanted to say on his phone now and then. Sometimes that helped with the frustration.

Lisa,

Thank you for the update. And if you (or family) or Tom need anything do not hesitate to ask.

Take care,

Tim

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

Tom................Hang in there............we need you!!!

Best wishes, Karl
Tom and his Fairchild
Rc6UF3.jpg

Last edited:
As an aphasia sufferer I sympathize utterly. The best to Tom. There are lots of folks thinking about him.

Prayers for a speedy recovery Tom!

Speedy recovery Tom, sorry to hear this, never met you but like your posts and I know you’re a fighter, you’ve got this!

Lisa makes sure Tom knows how much we miss him and are all pulling for his recovery! He was so generous when I first bought my plane and had 10 billion “dumb questions”, he patiently and thoroughly took his time to share his knowledge and insights w a guy like me that we’ve never met. Class act! Our thoughts are with him and your family.

Next time I fire up the Continental I’ll think of him so he can go flying with me...

I've seen Tom take more than his fair share of abuse on this board, and he always shook it off like mud off a dog! A little thing like a stroke won't keep him down for long. Here's to his great health and happiness! Thanks for the update, and tell him to hang in there.

Tom, your presence on the forum is greatly missed. I think I speak for all of us when I say that.

I hope your condition improves and you'll soon be able to return to your shop. It's a great therapy.

Lisa, thank you for the update.
Thank you, Tom, for your patience with me and Gregg for the past 15 years. You were generous with your knowledge and trust. Every annual, repair, and maintenance was a special event we looked forward to. I will never forget the 5606 bath we took when we serviced the main struts on the Warrior. Nor the day you let me start the Franklin. Good memories all. I cannot thank you enough for the knowledge you imparted. Your work for us and your own projects was always impeccable.

And in all that time, I don't think you ever repeated a story.

Keep up the good fight. My father recovered fully from a similar stroke. My wife's mother is recovering very well from a major stroke about 6 months ago.

You are in our prayers and thoughts often.

Last edited:
Lisa,

Thanks for the update.

Tom,

Do what the doctors tell you to do. Get well as quickly as possible. We're all praying for you.

Lisa,

Thanks for the information. I have always admired Tom. My wife has family on Whidbey. Tom and I have discussed getting together for lunch the next time we make the trip. Tell him I am holding him to that, to stay tough, and get better.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back