Coming to an airline near you...

Not looking for a fight, genuinely curious if this group thinks this is a good move, or overkill. I can take this down if people aren't happy about it... I didn't voice an opinion or take a side, simply curious what other people who are in the industry/hobby think!

Not looking for a fight, genuinely curious if this group thinks this is a good move, or overkill. I can take this down if people aren't happy about it... I didn't voice an opinion or take a side, simply curious what other people who are in the industry/hobby think!

Because it affects you how? Being good to all customers is smart business...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'd be more offended if someone referred to my gender as unspecified or undisclosed. If you can't tell by looking at my gorgeous gams...

Pretty soon, out of fear of offending someone, we'll not be able to talk to each other at all.

I just don't make PAs...I'm interrupting their movie and pax don't want to hear me anyway.

Pretty soon, out of fear of offending someone, we'll not be able to talk to each other at all.

I just don't make PAs...I'm interrupting their movie and pax don't want to hear me anyway.

Well, I'm not that old and really do miss some of the call outs from up front ... used to love:

1. "Hey folks on the left, that's a great view of the Grand Canyon"
2. Prior to take off - " Hey folks on the right, the aircraft in front is an F-18 and will be departing with after-burners ..."

I am a gentleman, not an everybody. I find PC offensive. I will never fly Air Canada. I will set up a Twitter account and berate everyone that does not agree with me.

You sound fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I'm not that old and really do miss some of the call outs from up front ... used to love:

1. "Hey folks on the left, that's a great view of the Grand Canyon"
2. Prior to take off - " Hey folks on the right, the aircraft in front is an F-18 and will be departing with after-burners ..."

The sound you hear from the F/A-18 is what “freedom” sounds like.

It’s about time they stopped using these inaccurate words to refer to airline passengers.

The move is to refer to the passengers as Yinz. “Yinz please be seated and fasten your seatbelts n’at”.

Last edited:
I like ladies and gentlemen, it lends a little class to flying. Too bad we live in an idiotic pc society run by whiners that are neither ladies nor gentleman.

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, this is your flight attendant speaking. Is there anyone on board that can fly a plane and didn't have the fish.??

I like to refer to everyone a diaper babies. However I may need to stop that so not to offend actual babies wearing diapers.

"Welcome aboard, ladies and gentlemen."

"Welcome aboard, everybody."

Not anything to make a fuss about. Geez.
Might offend those boarding only in spirit, and you know how testy spirits can be. Best to use "everyone". Oh, wait -- that could possibly make those with dissociative identity disorder feel excluded.

Oh, dear.

Who freaking cares.

Back