AME Recommendations in Eastern Massachusetts

J-14

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
J-14
Like the title says, need recommendations for an AME in Eastern Massachusetts. I need my initial exam for a PPL.

I have heard some will give you every test and exam under the sun and other less so.

PM me if need be.

Thanks in advance, safe travels to all.

J

Welcome to PoA!!!

While I have no immediate recommendations for your area, I do have some questions to ask so that your first encounter with the FAA Medical Machina goes well.

Are you beyond 100% Certain you will pass this examination with no hiccups, issues, or problems? Have you reviewed what is asked on the 8500-8 form via Medxpress.faa.gov and fully understand what is asked with regards to your history? Are there any items under the medical history, medications, and reportable Law Enforcement encounters that might wrap you around the axle?

We encourage new airmen to become fully aware and educated about the process before they present themselves to an AME for a "live" exam. This is to prevent delays and headaches because the airman "bombs" into the office unaware and uneducated about items in their history that prevents immediate approval.

For general education, you can start with the MedXpress User's Guide. If there is a particular item that you need more information about ask, and we will do our best to help.

I'm happy with Dr. Sperling.

You're well-advised to heed the advice outlined above.

Thanks for the reminder - I have to schedule an appointment with him...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back