PA28 Crash in Asheboro, NC

You could at least acknowledge that Flyinron has reason for complaint. I would be angry if the same thing happened to me and I guess, so would you.

One year after loosing my Arrow...I am sort of like Ron. And never been interview by FAA or NTSB and have three lawsuits against me. So answers would be nice.

This is what I know but only from Local police at the crash site filling in some blanks...

Pilot was an ATP/CFI and day Job was FAA and employed at the time of the accident.

Two fatalities him and his six year old daughter kidnapped six weeks earlier and had been on the run.

Pilot wanted additionally for allegations of child molestation and stealing $20,000 from the local Boy Scouts.

FAA was non responsive an would not cooperate with local authorities...even when asked to help identify the child.

Child was drugged and had a blood alcohol level of .017 BAC over twice the legal limit for Adults

Early morning sun at his back and CAVU day drove the aircraft into a 2000 ft tower 200 feet below the Apex...what is unique about this tower is the locals complained the lights were too bright all the time and were working that day.

Piper and Lycoming with what parts were available say that there is no sign of mechanical failure.

Waiting on that professional NTSB report....

You could at least acknowledge that Flyinron has reason for complaint. I would be angry if the same thing happened to me and I guess, so would you.
I refer you to my earlier post:
I hope I don't as well, and I'm not saying your nor Ron's experiences aren't valid and accurate as described. But direct interaction is exactly anecdotal. My only point is that you can't paint a broad brush from your individual experience.

I'm simply saying you can't paint an organization of tens of thousands of professionals by one personal experience. Or two. Notwithstanding whether your and Ron's stories are 100% true.

One year after loosing my Arrow...I am sort of like Ron. And never been interview by FAA or NTSB and have three lawsuits against me. So answers would be nice.

This is what I know but only from Local police at the crash site filling in some blanks...

Pilot was an ATP/CFI and day Job was FAA and employed at the time of the accident.

Two fatalities him and his six year old daughter kidnapped six weeks earlier and had been on the run.

Pilot wanted additionally for allegations of child molestation and stealing $20,000 from the local Boy Scouts.

FAA was non responsive an would not cooperate with local authorities...even when asked to help identify the child.

Child was drugged and had a blood alcohol level of .017 BAC over twice the legal limit for Adults

Early morning sun at his back and CAVU day drove the aircraft into a 2000 ft tower 200 feet below the Apex...what is unique about this tower is the locals complained the lights were too bright all the time and were working that day.

Piper and Lycoming with what parts were available say that there is no sign of mechanical failure.

Waiting on that professional NTSB report....
Say WHAT?!?! This story I gotta hear. What happened?

This "rubbish" conclusion is based on the fact that the NTSB didn't bother to send anybody out to look at the results of my incident, but had the engine shipped to Continental, and barred anybody else from looking at the evidence before Continental issued a completely bullpoop explanation for why the engine failed and destroyed any ability to determine what really happened. There supposed explanation is at odds with the observations of those on the site (me and others) after the landing.

Look at just about any minor incident. It would say the report is based on investigation done by FAA or other non-NTSBers.

So you are still upset with the NTSB findings of your accident, and it didn't turn out to what you wanted it to say. Sour grapes.

BTW, those FAA guys attend the same courses on accident investigation as the NTSB types. Those classes are held at the TSI (Transportation Safety Institute).

Back