Bought an airplane today

alfadog

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
alfadog
So my friend has two airplanes, both were out of annual, and little cash. I got the American Yankee through annual last September and he was supposed to sell it but never did. Then he had a prop strike. While fixing that last month, the annual ran out. I did the prop strike and the 100-hour (my IA will come behind me and just inspect) on the "pay me when you sell" basis. I even fronted the cost of the prop. Like I said, a friend. Now it looks like the Yankee might need a cylinder. He was at his wits end and I did not feel like fronting up any more money so I made him an offer. $14,500 as-is less what he owed me if he would take $1k/month. He was happy to take that offer.

The airplane just needs some love (compound, touch-up paint, that sort of thing). It flies very nicely. $14,500 is just an OK price for it with the iffy cylinder, IMO, but I do not have cash either though I do have nice steady retirement income. This way I get an airplane that I enjoy flying.

The other airplane is a 1964? Cherokee 140.

IMG_20190328_113310311 (1).jpg

C’mon now.... you know the rules.

Panel pics or it’s fake news!

Panel sucks. Has a radio.

I know a guy ..... goes by Jessie.... @JessieSaint. He’s local round those parts. Heard he has an elixir that makes tired panels feel 40 years younger.

It has a nice 6-pack and a new vacuum pump. Indicator is just L/R, no GS but it has no nav radio anyway, just a single comm.

As long as you are happy with the purchase all is good. Figure $800 for the cylinder and 8 hours work. Still not a bad price.. Have fun with your new plane...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I know a guy ..... goes by Jessie.... @JessieSaint. He’s local round those parts. Heard he has an elixir that makes tired panels feel 40 years younger.
Yeah, Dunnellon is only 250 miles from Miami.

Cool! Good luck with it!

As long as you are happy with the purchase all is good. Figure $800 for the cylinder and 8 hours work. Still not a bad price.. Have fun with your new plane...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Especially since I do the work :)

This is a nice story. An airplane that needs some TLC now in the hands of an owner that has the knowledge and interest to give it exactly that.

I think every time you go flying you'll land with a grin!

More pictures!

PS, I think that "elixir" is made of green paper, isn't it? What do you do, chew it?

Buon per te!

Very nice. I just bought the same plane 2 months ago. Mines a 1976 flies great, pretty fast.

Very nice!! I was temped to inquire when I saw it listed on Controller earlier this year.

Congrats if your happy with the price ,it’s a good deal.

Back