TruTrak install in C177B Cardinal

I don't have the new software release for the TruTrak yet. I'm hoping to upgrade to either dual Garmin G5's or an Aspen E5 soon so I'll probably send the Vizion in for the software update at the same time. The TruTrak in my Cardinal has an issue with sluggish response in track mode that the update is also supposed to correct.

I can tell you that it is does respond very well in track mode. While flying a route, I sent a new flight plan to it from foreflight, and it immediately changed course at a nice roll rate. Absolutely no complaints in roll at all. Work great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can tell you that it is does respond very well in track mode. While flying a route, I sent a new flight plan to it from foreflight, and it immediately changed course at a nice roll rate. Absolutely no complaints in roll at all. Work great!!

Mine responds great when following the GPS in GPSS mode and makes an immediate and crisp roll to new legs on a flight plan. However, in track mode, any turns less than about 90 degrees are sluggish. Turns in track mode greater than 90 degrees result in a nice 20 degree bank and roll out on the new track. I flew it to Springdale for the TruTrak techs to troubleshoot the issue and they concluded that it would require a software fix.

Mine responds great when following the GPS in GPSS mode and makes an immediate and crisp roll to new legs on a flight plan. However, in track mode, any turns less than about 90 degrees are sluggish. Turns in track mode greater than 90 degrees result in a nice 20 degree bank and roll out on the new track. I flew it to Springdale for the TruTrak techs to troubleshoot the issue and they concluded that it would require a software fix.

Hmm that is interesting. That’s sounds about how mine responds in track mode so I suspect the new software did fix that. I don’t have gpss to compare it too yet though. Wish I was closer. Would be nice to drop by with mine too. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new software does address this. Their roll algorithm did exactly as described. A substantial turn would roll in a good bank and turn. A 10 degree correction would take as much as a minute (seemed like longer). This was more obvious in Pa-28’s in my experience, but happened in all planes to a certain extent. This is fixed. They also fixed the bug where a static lag setting of other than Zero would not save through a power cycle. This is most beneficial to Pa-32’s in my experience, as well as some 182’s which would buck in a turn.

Back