Ignition harness for a vintage Taylorcraft

RyanShort1

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
RyanShort1
I'm having some trouble sourcing a harness for a 1943 Taylorcraft L-2A. Apparently the shop in Dallas can't help us. Does anyone have a "lead" (lol) on who I should be calling?

Do you have a shielded or un-shielded harness?
That info may help to give an informed response.

I'm having some trouble sourcing a harness for a 1943 Taylorcraft L-2A. Apparently the shop in Dallas can't help us. Does anyone have a "lead" (lol) on who I should be calling?

Do a search for the ignition harness for the engine, not the airframe.

Assuming it's a Continental A-65-8, you still need to know what mags you have if you want to stay with the same kind of harness.
If... it's an unshielded mags and harness, you can convert to a shielded one with different mags, harness and plugs.
Example, my Champ has Eisemann mags and an un-shielded harness and plugs, I could convert to new Slicks, harness and plugs, all it takes is money.

Assuming it's a Continental A-65-8, you still need to know what mags you have if you want to stay with the same kind of harness.
If... it's an unshielded mags and harness, you can convert to a shielded one with different mags, harness and plugs.
Example, my Champ has Eisemann mags and an un-shielded harness and plugs, I could convert to new Slicks, harness and plugs, all it takes is money.
I gave them all that info, as did my mechanic the first time. Thankfully some more helpful posters on another forum have helped me find a good “lead.”

Back