Non epileptic seizures.

D

Derek Hudson

I am 33 years old, have 16 years flying and 6,000 hours under my belt. While I was getting into crop dusting I got over exposed to chemicals and had about seven seizures in a two year span, all but two occurred while asleep. As long as I stay away from commercial agriculture chemicals I don't have seizures. I relied on flying for my income and have become homeless since losing the flight medical. I have been seizure free for 6 months and am aware of the 3 years requirement. I really miss flying, and have made 800 plus instructional skydives since my first seizures without problems, going through rapid pressure changes with no issues. Anyone have any advice as to the path best taken to move towards getting a medical again for someone like myself? I'm starting a handyman service to get back on my feet but would love to get flying again.
Any info is appreciated

Wow. I wish you luck at the new business, because the agency rule after more than one seizure is TEN years no seizures, the last three with no meds. That changes if there is data to show that you had exposure to a product KNOWN to stimulate seizures.....but proof is usually elusive.

I remember as a 17 year old standing a cloud of Atrazine thinking, “This can’t be good...” (I was initially a loader...)

epilepsy is a topic dear to my heart. It is one thing for genetics to betray you in this callous life, but to have your employer/financial duress poison you out of your medical ability to pursue your joy in life is another thing entire. My sincere condolences.

I remember as a 17 year old standing a cloud of Atrazine thinking, “This can’t be good...” (I was initially a loader...)
Did you happen to notice if it killed wild violets, clover and chickweed?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back